FRETS.NET

thefishinmusician's Discussions (348)

Discussions Replied To (272) Replies Latest Activity

"The back was off on the mandolin...Not so on the Royal Crest arch top I'm working on…"

thefishinmusician replied Jan 10, 2013 to Distended sides

8 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by onewent

"That's it , pretty much,,,,,I did this for an old mandolin once,,,A complete torture…"

thefishinmusician replied Jan 10, 2013 to Distended sides

8 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by onewent

"Thanks Paul....All that is factored in already.....I could even do string through ,…"

thefishinmusician replied Oct 28, 2012 to Short scale bass build tone question....

3 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

"I fill the grain on my solid body builds with a dark filler to bring out the grain a…"

thefishinmusician replied Mar 18, 2012 to Ash as a top wood

7 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Tim Mace

"I'll try"

thefishinmusician replied Nov 21, 2011 to Gluing previously glued cracks , heel , neckblock , sides...

4 Nov 21, 2011
Reply by thefishinmusician

"Actaully , it looked pretty decent...It just failed , maybe because no glue got to t…"

thefishinmusician replied Nov 21, 2011 to Gluing previously glued cracks , heel , neckblock , sides...

4 Nov 21, 2011
Reply by thefishinmusician

"That's my plan... there are some Kays  , Silvertones , and Harmony's with large enou…"

thefishinmusician replied Nov 6, 2011 to I2 string arch tops.....Why don't I see any....Can a 6 string stand the conversion ?......Discuss...

13 Oct 1, 2015
Reply by Punto Bawono

"I made a slot, almost to the top of the saddle....No dice...Toast, I think...  "

thefishinmusician replied Sep 3, 2011 to Martin under saddle transducer...Little, if any, output on high E

7 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

"It's not that....I made a dead flat saddle, ( with a notch between the B and E strin…"

thefishinmusician replied Aug 29, 2011 to Martin under saddle transducer...Little, if any, output on high E

7 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

"I took two identical squire strats, and refretted one with standard wire, and one wi…"

thefishinmusician replied May 4, 2011 to Stainless steel fretwire: Your thoughts

16 May 4, 2011
Reply by Dan Smocke

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service