FRETS.NET

Greg Mirken's Discussions (636)

Discussions Replied To (634) Replies Latest Activity

"If there’s already a crack under the E or B string you could start there. If you lea…"

Greg Mirken replied Feb 14 to Vintage Gibson pickguard removal.

5 Feb 15
Reply by thefishinmusician

"If there’s no separation to work with I usually start at the point. Is that the sort…"

Greg Mirken replied Feb 12 to Vintage Gibson pickguard removal.

5 Feb 15
Reply by thefishinmusician

"The original finish on a ‘71 Ramirez is doing the tone no favor. A standard “hot rod…"

Greg Mirken replied Jan 13 to Ramirez 1a Refinish Next Steps

4 Jan 16
Reply by Colin Caissie

"It’s not critical. Obviously if the slots are too narrow there will be tuning issues…"

Greg Mirken replied Dec 21, 2023 to Latitude for oversized fret slot widths on a new nut

3 Jan 27
Reply by Walter W Wright

"Yes, I'll sure miss him. Even though Frank's health has been bad for several years,…"

Greg Mirken replied Dec 19, 2023 to Frank Ford, 1944-2023

13 Mar 10
Reply by Gert van der Does

"They're not making this stuff up in the back room. If their supply is sold out maybe…"

Greg Mirken replied Sep 12, 2023 to Luthiers Mercantile (LMI) Closing up Shop!

19 Oct 6, 2023
Reply by Walter W Wright

"Doubtless that old case was built with hide glue, and deserves to be restored with t…"

Greg Mirken replied Sep 9, 2023 to COFFIN CASE LINING

9 Sep 26, 2023
Reply by Taffy Evans

"The good news is that since most instruments are sold online these days, there’s nob…"

Greg Mirken replied Aug 7, 2023 to Possible future in Lutherie

14 Aug 11, 2023
Reply by Taffy Evans

"When I see a perfectly flat soundboard on an inexpensive guitar it says to me “overb…"

Greg Mirken replied Aug 7, 2023 to Smoothness, flatness of classical guitar tops

1 Aug 7, 2023
Reply by Greg Mirken

"First, there was no custom shop in 1966. Second, Martin never put any designation th…"

Greg Mirken replied Jul 24, 2023 to Strange embossed patch on my Martin O-16NY headstock

4 Jul 28, 2023
Reply by Colin Caissie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service