Hi guys,

I'm replacing a broken truss rod in a 70s Gibson acoustic currently. I've already made a snug fitting filler strip, but unsure how to.proceed now.

As this Gibson has a curved truss rod slot, should I shape the base of the filler strip to the slot, or can I simply clamp it down whilst gluing it in, thereby forcing it to conform to the curved shape?

Thanks as ever for any input.



Views: 89

Reply to This

© 2022   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service