FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,282)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Congratulations to Roger Hagstromm

Member Roger and his work is the subject of the cover story of the latest issue of American Lutherie. https://luth.org/journal/american-lu

Started by Joshua Levin-Epstein

1 17 hours ago
Reply by Roger Häggström

Yet another (seems unique): 2nd fret only D-String buzz....

I am new to this forum, and joined hoping to solve this problem and learn more about everything/anything in the process.  Before I begin, I…

Started by Ernie Piper

4 on Friday
Reply by Ernie Piper

Luthier tools in Star Wars Universe

Seemed to be the only one in the room on Thursday night who raised an eyebrow during this scene in the latest episode of 'Book of Boba Fett…

Started by Mark

1 on Friday
Reply by Russell Vance

Bridge height on accoustic

I have a Gibson Songbird that is in because of the neck angle...This one is the opposite of most reset problems , so the saddle is too tall…

Started by thefishinmusician

2 Jan 12
Reply by thefishinmusician

Martin bolt-on with no bolt .

Hi guys happy new year , I have a Martin on the bench with very high action , its a GPCPA4 . When i pulled off the cover plate (crooked) th…

Started by Len Biglin

3 Jan 11
Reply by Len Biglin

Hot wire foam cutter for neck removal...

I looked , and didn't see anything about this that I could find other than the stewmac tool that costs around 80 bucks...I purchased a pair…

Started by thefishinmusician

21 Jan 11
Reply by thefishinmusician

Truss nut replacement for 80s Sigma DT-4 (Korean)

Hi Hoping someone here might be able to help. Recently acquired a Made in Korea Sigma acoustic. 5mm truss nut is nearly rounded in the sock…

Started by Mark

13 Jan 6
Reply by Taffy Evans

Acoustic guitar from a termite and mold infested house?

Our family inherited an old acoustic guitar from a house with bad termite and mold infestations. There’s no evidence of either affecting th…

Started by JureB

1 Jan 1
Reply by Chris Vallillo

Guild F47RCE reset.

A Guild cutaway reset , so far it has been straight forward . Just have to cut through lacquer over seams.

Started by Len Biglin

1 Dec 31
Reply by Greg Mirken

Neck reset and compression fretting

Hello everyone! I have a '63 D18 in for a neck reset. When strung up with .013s, we have around .022" of relief. Strings off, we have .004"…

Started by Martin Bell

1 Dec 29, 2021
Reply by wood addict

RSS

© 2022   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service