FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,833)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Removing rust from a guitar pickup ?

How can you remove rust from the poles on a humbucker pickup ? I bought a Stratocaster from a guy that lived next to a river. He claimed th…

Started by Alan

1 on Wednesday
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

A hairline crack? (pics)

There's a hairline looking crack on my sound top. I am not sure whether it is a crack or not, I hope you could tell me that. I'm currently…

Started by Arash

24 Feb 8
Reply by Mike Kolb

Split Saddle Adjustment Q

Good Morning- I have an Avalon guitar with a split saddle.  I'm installing a new set of saddles and need to adjust just the wound string sa…

Started by Gordon

5 Feb 7
Reply by Andrew

Drilling the Truss Rod Access Hole Through the Upper Bout Cross Brace

This shows the jig used to drill the hole through the upper bout cross brace to allow truss rod nut accessibility on a just installed trus…

Started by Calamity Crippen

4 Feb 6
Reply by Calamity Crippen

Wide Levelling Beams

Hi, does anyone here use levelling beams that cover the width of the the fretboard for fret work? Any pros and cons? Cheers.

Started by Mark

23 Feb 4
Reply by Ron Frazier

Lyon & Healey Guitar Bridge Issues

Found this guitar at an estate sale last week.  The bridge was pulled off, but held in place by the strings and bridge pins.  It looks as t…

Started by George Roberts

11 Feb 4
Reply by George Roberts

Remove A Maple Fingerboard

Hi All, My customers bring the greatest stuff... I have in a Shawn May 5-string bass made of many laminates of lovely woods. Issue: The c…

Started by Dave Domizi

5 Feb 3
Reply by Russell Vance

aliexpress??

I found the site aliexpress and it has some pretty cheap luthier tools on there.  I checked on the review sites and they are mostly negativ…

Started by Jim Figurski

4 Jan 30
Reply by Palle Clausen

Bowlback mando tuners...

My better half recently started learning the mandolin and she has a decent import F-model to use, but I thought I'd restore an old bowlback…

Started by Mike Kolb

9 Jan 28
Reply by Ned Knepp

Reset Involving Non-adjustsble Truss Rod

Hello again All. Been a while. Its nice to see that Frank is still here posting, among others of course. I currently have on my bench an o…

Started by Andrew

7 Jan 27
Reply by Andrew

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service