FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,919)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bridge blank mockups

Hey all, I'm looking for a suitable wood to make some test bridges, mostly to gain experience but also to use as mockups.  I obviously don'…

Started by Bruce Erickson

3 6 hours ago
Reply by Bruce Erickson

Machine sanding rosewood

Hello All, At age 78 I don't have the stamina that I had as younger man. I've been thinking that I ought to get a sanding machine of some s…

Started by Brian Burns

14 19 hours ago
Reply by Randall Curtis Bowman

Old Parlour Guitar ID ? Washburn ?

Hi everyone , i have an old parlour guitar which looks like a washburn made thing . I want to know what bridge it should have , the smiley…

Started by Len Biglin

3 yesterday
Reply by Len Biglin

free "Double Bevel Sharpening" .pdf

Hello All, Thomas James' reply to another thread reminded me that I probably haven't mentioned the availability of my "Double Bevel Sharpen…

Started by Brian Burns

1 yesterday
Reply by onewent

CA glue for construction

I recently saw that a guitar manufacturer was using CA glue for the braces in the guitars. I had never heard of this and wanted to ask if a…

Started by Donnie Barbra

6 Aug 13
Reply by Roger Häggström

Guitar Repair Position Available In Portland

My shop in Pdx, OR is looking for another guitar repair person. We are a busy shop with three/four luthiers and need one more experienced r…

Started by Todd Mylet

0 Aug 12

Gibson MK72 neck reset

Hi all I have an MK72 on my bench needing a neck reset but it appears to have other issues that I don't really understand and thought that…

Started by Dave Sparrow

2 Aug 11
Reply by Dave Sparrow

PRS Prob

MY PRS PICK UPS TILT 

Started by joe butkins

4 Aug 10
Reply by joe butkins

Glue for torrefied tops

There seems to be some issues with glue joints on torrefied soundboards. I’m interested in recommendations based on experience for best typ…

Started by David Scheckman

2 Aug 6
Reply by Jelle van Tilburg

Teflon nuts

I don't have much to say other than: man, they suck. Like trying to make a nut out of a bar of soap. However, the customer is always right.…

Started by Keith

4 Aug 5
Reply by Paul Verticchio

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service