FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,127)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gibson L-5 Repair

I have a serious back crack on a Gibson L-5. Any repair ideas. Hopefully I can add photos. Thanks Jim

Started by jbbancroft

14 17 hours ago
Reply by jbbancroft

Anyone here build a UV light box for fading finishes?

I have more that one project to get up and running, and the finishes are the topic today. I need  to build one  of these. It will be high…

Started by Kerry Krishna

0 Mar 29

Help identifying a product

I recall reading in an article somewhere about a product that could be used during the finishing process to check the work for irregulariti…

Started by Scott Supak

2 Mar 25
Reply by Scott Supak

What brand is this parlor guitar?

Can someone tell me who made this parlor guitar?  See the image.

Started by Dave Hanna

2 Mar 24
Reply by Michael Tulloch

Trussrod socket thought....

Just causally "quarantining" (is that a word?!)  around the shop today and thought of an idea to help solve a problem that seems to surface…

Started by Mike Kolb

7 Mar 21
Reply by Mike Kolb

Go big or go home...

After futzing around for several years back in the '90s with various top-mounted jigs for routing saddle slots (and not 100% happy with the…

Started by Mark A. Kane

11 Mar 16
Reply by Jon Whitney

Classical guitar bridge question

Presented for your consideration............... A friend brought me his uncles old 1978 Alhambra classical guitar.  It was a tourist grade…

Started by John Yungbluth

3 Mar 9
Reply by Frank Ford

Engraved Inlays

I finally had my 1899 Washburn guitar re-fretted (some had been filed as low as 0.015").  I picked it up last week and the new frets are wo…

Started by Gary Zazkowski

5 Mar 7
Reply by John Yungbluth

Vox Wyman teardrop bass

Help anyone! I picked up a neck from a 60s Vox Wyman bass that needed a fair bit of TLC.  Now that it's back in one piece I'm planning to b…

Started by Dave Sparrow

0 Mar 5

Unusual pickguard static issue

Hi everybody, I've just setup a Mexican Fender P-Bass a d have run into an unusual issue. The owner was experiencing some static crackle w…

Started by Darren

8 Mar 5
Reply by Darren

RSS

© 2020   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service