FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,880)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Changing a UST to Different Type Transducer

Hello.  I'm new to the group.  I'm just a casual player but like to do my own guitar setups and improvements.  I'm working on a Fender elec…

Started by Greg Miller

1 11 hours ago
Reply by Len Biglin

Using binding to widen a fingerboard

Hi, chaps. Been asked by a customer to work on a 70s Martin D-35 by replacing the old binding with wider binding to effectively increase t…

Started by Keith R

4 14 hours ago
Reply by steven gallagher

To Those Using A Pressure Cooker As A Steam Generator

I've got my hose (HD brake line, got my needle (veterinarian, for horses etc.), clamps, and got my pressure cooker. Are the people using th…

Started by GA20T

26 yesterday
Reply by Paul Breen

Gibson Firebird with strings binding in the nut - at my wit's end..

First of all.. thanks for letting me join this community, I've had a look round over the last day and it seems like a great place with some…

Started by Dan

20 on Friday
Reply by Dan

Stella Tailpiece

Hello Folks I have an old plain Stella tailpiece.I was wondering if there is someplace I can take it to get it stamped or cut to look like…

Started by Allen L Wall

5 on Wednesday
Reply by Allen L Wall

gettin lotsa guff......

so...hiya folks....been awhile...i gotta nice easy philosophical(sp?) one fer yous.....i play tenor guitar and bariuke.....i get lots of gu…

Started by c walker

2 May 10
Reply by Rory

Early 70s J-45 neck reset. Are they all paddle joints?

The way I understand this time period is Gibson started using the paddle joint around this time. They also started gluing the top over the…

Started by Luke Single

8 May 7
Reply by Luke Single

~1949 Gibson EM-150 mandolin in poor shape

Vaughn Horton's (country music hall of fame) grand-daughter asked me to restore his old Gibson EM-150 mandolin.  Unfortunately, it has been…

Started by John Saywell

2 May 4
Reply by John Saywell

Lacquer check: respray or another option?

Hi, guys. Hope you're all well. Customer brought in a fairly new Tele that has been stored badly and has been subject to big temp and humid…

Started by Keith R

5 May 4
Reply by Keith R

Saf-T-Planer vs luthier's friend vs ???

Hey all I noticed stew mac has their drill press planer on sale, and I am sorely lacking on a power thicknesser for small parts, so Im try…

Started by Andrew

8 Apr 30
Reply by Andrew

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service