FRETS.NET

A friend of mine has bought a new Martin OM-28v and it has a glued long through saddle. I heard of old vintage models with glued long saddles, but I thought that the new guitars inspired to those instruments were modern interpretations.
What is the real utility of a glued saddle?

Views: 1606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nah, its all good stuff - and to add to the amusement:  things you know but had not thought about - as sound levels (or SPLs or Dbs or loudness or whatever you wish to intellectualize about) get higher they pass a certain threshold in our brain which flicks the "primative brain response" switch.   We then respond to the adrenalin rush with a flight or fight option (or emotional variation of this thing) which disturbs our normal emotional state. Music releases natures own internal chemicals into our system and we feel the altered state.

That why kids love and get excited about loud music is a basic sort of way - and that's also why classical terms such as "crescendo" came about - music changes our emotional state and that's why we listen.

Me, I love loud and the rush that a urgent dynamic passage of rock brings to me but, I also can't resist the goosebumps and welling of tears that the pure tone of  fine violin gives - and some of this stuff needs to be quality sound (tonefull)  to achieve the effect.  

That's one of the reasons we build like we do and that why some instruments are better than others.  So, pay attention to the basics and pay a lot of attention to fine details guys, we know it matters. 

Regards, in good spirit, 

Rusty.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service