FRETS.NET

Hey everyone.

Well, it's time to reset the neck on my '64 - I picked it up about 3 months ago, knowing it was needing one, and now that I've got some time I'm going for it.

The f-board extension came up reasonably easy, though I couldn't get at it from the treble side as the guard is in the way, but what's got me a bit concerned is that I'm not "hitting air" into the dovetail union cavity with the hole(s) drilled into the 15th fret slot - I've leaned the bit over to pooch the hole torward the body (usually works, at least on most others I've done) but before I perforate the darn thing I just wanted to see if anyone here has done one of these before, and if there's something different going on here..

FF was kind enough to offer his experience, and basically said that he'd done one before, and found out after he got the neck off that these things have a tenon similar to a Les Paul, (as well as the dovetail) which was a bit of a suprise to say the least, but he made some adjustments to his approach and it turned out fine. 

Just trying to get some good info, and I know there's some talented folks here, sooo - anyone?

TIA y'all!

Views: 124

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service