FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Epiphone "Sheraton"

I am building a new neck for a early 90's "Sheraton" (broken headstock-unrepairable). I have ivoroid binding I can make work, but I'm havin…

Started by Stuart Horsman

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Stuart Horsman

Asian mandolin updates

I got my friend's Kentucky mandolin neck glued back together with hide glue and the joint is really tight and smooth. I am going to overlay…

Started by Bob Gaddis

0 Oct 1, 2009

French polishing in difficult areas

I French polish a guitar now and got a problem. The pad does not touch the fingerboard and the body joint area. Are there any techniques to…

Started by Igor

7 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Jerry Mercer

De-Tuning Blues

I am sure anyone that is dealing with electric guitars and young folk into current heavy music is dealing with all the crazy low-down tunin…

Started by Tom Krebs

6 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Christian Johnson

Repairing a hairline crack in an ebony bridge...

I found and bought a '76 Guild D-50 yesterday. It looks nearly new, except for a fine hairline crack in the bridge thru the pin holes. It s…

Started by Dave

13 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Dave

Gibson type cremona sunburst

Does anyone have any information on how to do a cremona sunburst?

Started by michael s hauver

7 Sep 29, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Gibson L-00 Tuning Machine Mate needed

I have had this tuner plate sitting around for a while and have been combing eBay every now and again looking for the mate, but have had no…

Started by Matt Haugen

4 Sep 29, 2009
Reply by Matt Haugen

Adhesives

Hi. I was wondering what the concensus of opinion is regarding Titebond Liquid Hide. The bumph says it has superior strength, coupled with…

Started by Tony Webber

6 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Tony Webber

Gibson Jimi Stratocaster ??? What the....

Has Gibson lost all integrity? http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/blog-when-is-a-strat-not-a-strat-220867

Started by Tommy Kay

14 Sep 27, 2009
Reply by Mac Walker

'57 D18 cracked tailblock & sides

Hi , a friend has just brought his D18 in with a crack where it fell on the tail , cracking the sides and partway through the tail block.Th…

Started by Len Biglin

7 Sep 27, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service