FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

adjusting action

i have a 70's Martin D18 and over time the action has become a bit high. I live in a small town miles and miles from nowhere so bringing th…

Started by Brad Towers in Luthier Talk

9 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Magnus Hultin

Ever seen something like this?

I just put up a Frets.net blog post about it where you can read about it and see more pictures.

Started by Mark Riess in Luthier Talk

8 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Mark Riess

Dull Fuzzy notes on high E string

Hi people First post! Great website and forum!! I just thought that I'd post up my problem and if anyone could give some advice.. I did c…

Started by Douglas Han in Luthier Talk

7 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

Mildew Problem

I purchased an old 1966 - Hagstrom Acoustic H-22 Sammy. There is a strong mildew smell through soundhole. There are obvious mildew stains a…

Started by greg jacobs in Luthier Talk

3 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Radius of top braces before glueing...oops?

I glued up the bracing to the top of a triple 0 I'm building....and I forgot to sand the braces to the 25 radius. So....it's flat. Is this…

Started by Michael Tulloch in Luthier Talk

5 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Michael Tulloch

banjo machine heads

Where could I order any "Planet" style banjo tuners from?

Started by kiwi fingerle in Luthier Talk

2 Dec 4, 2009
Reply by kiwi fingerle

Ladder bracing a Weissenborn

Just started a build a Baritone 27 1/2" Weissenborn style,Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides with King Billy pine top.As a lover of those o…

Started by Kelvin Monaghan in Luthier Talk

9 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Kelvin Monaghan

Bridge plate removal.

I've come at the problem many different ways. All have been successful with varying levels of frustration and sometimes downright aggravati…

Started by R.J. Fulton in Luthier Talk

19 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by R.J. Fulton

Protect autographed pickguard

I have a white Tele pickguard now totally filled with autographs (in black, green, blue, & red Sharpie ink). I want to protect it b4 pu…

Started by Charles William Jensen in Luthier Talk

6 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Sigma DM-5 with strange neckjoint

A while back we had a discussion on Sigma neckjoints, and those I had experienced by then were dovetails. However I have recently taken par…

Started by Magnus Hultin in Luthier Talk

6 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by John Yungbluth

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service