Sort by: View
| Discussions | Replies | Latest Activity |
|---|---|---|
B string noiseI recently picked up a winner of a Seagull guitar. Mini- jumbo type. All is well except some odd ringing from the B string when I strum or… Started by Wayne Walker in Luthier Talk |
12 |
Dec 17, 2009 Reply by Ned Knepp |
how do manufacturers appropriately grease there pots for smoth actionwhat do manufacturers use to appropriately grease or oil there pot shafts to make them roll nicely not loose not to tight ? Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk |
6 |
Dec 17, 2009 Reply by Rob Mercure |
NASHVILLE STYLE ABR1 ? INSTALLNASHVILLE ABR1 I BELIEVE WITH THE THREADED POST MEASURES .155 THOUSANDTHS WHATS THE BEST WAY TO DRIVE THEM IN USUALLY I HAVE USED ONE WITH… Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk |
1 |
Dec 17, 2009 Reply by Russell Vance |
Hello, I'm a newcomer.Hi everyone, I'm a fan of Frank Ford's site and professional full time luthier in Lyon (France). I hope I'll can be of any help. Maybe I wi… Started by Pierre-Antoine Roiron in Luthier Talk |
6 |
Dec 17, 2009 Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron |
WD-40 for sanding, rub-out lubricant on finishes?What do you think? Looked it up on their website, but no mention. Looked up Wiki article, and they say contents are 15% mineral oil, the… Started by Tom Sommerville in Luthier Talk |
7 |
Dec 16, 2009 Reply by FRANK |
Fender fretsI read this in the Aussie forum: Then, of course, there was the Fender system some years back of pulling the frets in from the side so the… Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk |
9 |
Dec 16, 2009 Reply by Paul Breen |
2" crack in back, repairable?Hi everybody... Please give me your thoughts on whether this 2" in the back is repairable and ( if you know ), how much it might cost to f… Started by JC in Luthier Talk |
4 |
Dec 15, 2009 Reply by FRANK |
Need source for obscure bindingI am looking for a source for pearl-colored plastic (pearloid) binding. Actually, I would LOVE to have a section about 4 inches long of smo… Started by Dave Fox in Luthier Talk |
2 |
Dec 14, 2009 Reply by Jerry Knowles |
Building new, alternative to dovetail ?I am finally getting around to building some acoustics that have been on my mind for decades. I love working with wood, have done so all my… Started by Valerie in Luthier Talk |
16 |
Dec 14, 2009 Reply by Ned Knepp |
pick up noisea fussy customer wants a supper quiet guitar i have rewired it following Seymour Duncan s site and still i get noise when i release the str… Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk |
13 |
Dec 14, 2009 Reply by Len Biglin |
© 2026 Created by Frank Ford.
Powered by