FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

detuning in storage?

Hi, I have a number of great acoustics i.e. 4 Martins and a Taylor and my question is this. If I detune these guitars (as I can only gig on…

Started by brian gummer in Luthier Talk

9 Dec 31, 2009
Reply by brian gummer

how would you fix this?

My son, Jack, obviously has too many nice guitars sitting around in his bedroom. The Gilet custom strat had a fall but fortunately was not…

Started by Mark McLean in Luthier Talk

10 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Mark McLean

What steps do you use to polish frets after leveling/crowning?

All: I recently completed the neck jig I was working on and did a fret leveling and crowning. I used a Stew Mac diamond crowning file, so…

Started by stevenrosburg in Luthier Talk

13 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

how to blue book my yairi?i need help 1966 Yairi model 250 nylon

nylon string Yairi model 250 sold in 67 to my cousins hubby sold on telegraph ave in Berkley CA, he gave it to me last Christmas any way su…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

23 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Dan Armstrong Guitars

Where does one locate the serial number on one these? It came with the extra pickup, Grover tuners, and a really nice Ampeg case. Easy pe…

Started by Rick Gentry in Luthier Talk

1 Dec 28, 2009
Reply by Rick Gentry

Best Download Tunner ?

With luck my Earnie Ball light guage go back on my guitar tonight.Instaed of using my cheap $30.00 Yamaha needle 440 tunner I would like to…

Started by Rob in Luthier Talk

12 Dec 28, 2009
Reply by Rob

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Hey Everybody, I'd like to wish every one in this group a Merry Christmas. Thanks Frank for putting this site together, it's a great site a…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux in Luthier Talk

1 Dec 28, 2009
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

P-Bass Under Pickup Spring Foam ?

Anyone know a source for this stuff? I would like to get a supply for future repairs. Tom.

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

10 Dec 26, 2009
Reply by Tom Krebs

Franklin,s Hide Glue OK?

One local lumberyard sells Franklin hide glue in small 4oz size. Will that glue a Martin bridge down ok and how long should I clamp? Thanks…

Started by Rob in Luthier Talk

12 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Michael Shaw

this is what i built for christmas you guys have anything special

here is mine one happy customer

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

5 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service