FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A neck reset on an old Chicago Mayflower steel string.

So the story is a friend gave me her guitar to take a look at. A long time friend of hers was the "original" owner of the guitar and gave i…

Started by Christian A Salisbury in Luthier Talk

2 Jan 12, 2010
Reply by Eclipse Wizard

War Stories

So, it seems to me that we might have a thread sharing amusing (or not) war stories (horror stories??) we have encountered. Here's mine: I…

Started by Charlie Hoffman in Luthier Talk

14 Jan 12, 2010
Reply by Tim Mace

MAKING VIOLIN FROG s I AM LOOKING FOR IDEAS

How to start making frogs for the Bows my daughter plays violin so that means I have an interest here .Can someone point me in the right Di…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

2 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Stuart Horsman

Ribbon Pickup gone weak

Hi again , I have just done a right to left hand conversion on a Tanglewood acoustic with B Band T35 pickup system . This involved plugging…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

5 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by William F.Eden

HOW DO I WIRE 2 P 90SLIKE A BIG HUMBUCKER

THEY ARE SINGLE CONDUCTOR WITH BRAIDED SHIELDS IS IT POSSIBLE USING A PUSH PULL POT WITH THE VOLUME TO USE THE SWITCH SIDE LIKE TURNING ON…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

3 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

I'm going nuts

I think I need some sort of help here- I'm having a time and a half trying to make a nut from scratch. I generally use bone for this purpos…

Started by Donald A. Fortune in Luthier Talk

4 Jan 10, 2010
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

New Member First Post - Acetone?

Hi All, I'm new to the forum, and have to say first of all that I'm an amateur guitarist and guitar repairman rather than a 'real' luthier…

Started by Barry Crump in Luthier Talk

2 Jan 10, 2010
Reply by Barry Crump

Bishop Cochran Website Fixed

Hello all, A while back my websites were hacked. They've all been fixed now. It made my few remaining hairs stand on end when I saw the wa…

Started by Bishop Cochran in Luthier Talk

4 Jan 7, 2010
Reply by Bishop Cochran

i am looking for tips to start my maple finger board

can a few luthiers out there explain there method of finish sanding to make it easier on me to achieve a nice look .

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

7 Jan 7, 2010
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Advice sought on repairs to Taylor Baby soundboard

Hello all I have a couple of questions to ask about repairing a Baby Taylor (not Big Baby) Guitar. I acquired this guitar a little while a…

Started by Jon Nicoll in Luthier Talk

9 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Christian Johnson

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service