FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Classical Guitar Website

For all you classical guitar players this is a valuable resourcehttp://creativeguitar.org/

Started by Alex Cohaniuc in Luthier Talk

0 Jan 24, 2010

Guitar Tape?

hi folks - when installing a clip-in magnetic pickup in an acoustic guitar i frequently want to tape the shielded cable to the guitar body,…

Started by Ed Allen in Luthier Talk

8 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by East Side Guitar Repair

Lets Talk Tuners.....Tuning Machines that is

I have a couple old tuning planks and was wondering if anyone might know anything about them. The one I am most interested in is the one wi…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

0 Jan 23, 2010

Removing the back of a Parlor Guitar

Hi there,I have an old 1920's Parlor Guitar almost identical to the Cinncanatus I saw in one of these threads,oak back and sides spruce top…

Started by Kelvin Monaghan in Luthier Talk

9 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by william lester

my finish is too nice, help

Howdy, I'm having difficulty matching fender's maple neck finishes.  I'm about to do a fretboard after a refret, and was wondering if anyon…

Started by Ry Charters in Luthier Talk

3 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Ry Charters

Double Neck 12 String

Howdy. What do you more experienced men imagine the bracing and genreral construction of this guitar to be like? Wouldn't the tension be ab…

Started by Rick Gentry in Luthier Talk

19 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

warped back tonewood fix?

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a back and sides set but found one of the back halves is slightly warped.  Is it possible to make the bac…

Started by raregroove in Luthier Talk

2 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

Removing block inlays on 69' Fender Jag

I've got a bound 69' Jag in the shop...Big block plastic inlays....The customer would like me to change the radius to 10 inches...I know th…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

6 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by thefishinmusician

Strings for use with under saddle piezo pickups

Just wanted everyones opinion on what string material/construction you all think is best for use with uspp's? nickel plated? phosphour bron…

Started by A. Paul Counsell in Luthier Talk

3 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by A. Paul Counsell

Re-crowning frets

I've converted a half-size child's Strat into a 5-string Electric Octave Mandolin (scale length=19"). With new PUs from Carvin it sounds gr…

Started by mandolin jack in Luthier Talk

5 Jan 19, 2010
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service