FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lighter string buzz

After many years of playing my Shanti SF with medium strings, I tried a set of lights (.012"). I like the feel but I'm getting a buzz from…

Started by LARRY KLOSE in Luthier Talk

2 Jan 18, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

old celluloid PG heat bend

Howdy, I've got a '51 Epiphone in for some restoration. The pickguard was severely warped and I planned on making a new one. But out of cur…

Started by Ry Charters in Luthier Talk

9 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by Rob Mercure

old Harmony/Stella

I have an old Harmony/Stella student model, solid wood (I think birch?). It has been refinished (not well), but I think it has potential. F…

Started by Brian Farrell in Luthier Talk

5 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by Matt Haugen

Thanks Frank!

I am a Roberto-Venn student and really appreciate your lectures earlier this week. It was invaluable to see you perform a neck reset and re…

Started by Joe Parker in Luthier Talk

0 Jan 16, 2010

How to cut a saddle for an .18 plain 3rd string

Is it possible to intonate this? ty Frank

Started by Frank Bugbee in Luthier Talk

18 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Gibson Banjo Authentication

I know very little about banjos, but have been offered one for $100.00 and am thinking I would like to learn to play. My concern is that th…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

4 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by Frank Ford

electric octave mandolin

Flattening frets? I've converted a half-size child's Strat into a 5-string EOM (scale length=19"). With new PUs from Carvin it sounds great…

Started by mandolin jack in Luthier Talk

4 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by mandolin jack

Kay electic problem

Just got a Kay electric in that I'm guessing is from the early 60s. It has 3 speedbump pickups, chicken head knob, replacement Bigsby, the…

Started by Rev George in Luthier Talk

10 Jan 13, 2010
Reply by Rick Gentry

Oahu Squareneck bridge

The metal pyramid bridge on my old Oahu is lifting slightly about 1mm on the treble end,I noticed it seems to be only attached to the top b…

Started by Kelvin Monaghan in Luthier Talk

3 Jan 12, 2010
Reply by Kelvin Monaghan

Tunomatic saddle?

Is there such a thing? I want to simply be able to drop it into the bridge. ty Frank

Started by Frank Bugbee in Luthier Talk

7 Jan 12, 2010
Reply by Frank Bugbee

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service