FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'bridge' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bridge blank mockups

Hey all, I'm looking for a suitable wood to make some test bridges, mostly to gain experience but also to use as mockups.  I obviously don'…

Started by Bruce Erickson

3 Aug 20, 2018
Reply by Bruce Erickson

Top-loading acoustic bridge opinions?

Hi folks,  I've got a 1960's Harmony Sovereign on the bench that is a new acquisition by a mutual friend of my cousin, who also owns one of…

Started by John Cartwright

33 Oct 12, 2017
Reply by Mark McLean

Bridge and Saddle Measurement Differences

Regarding measuring for bridge/saddle placement: In kits, Martin recommends adding 1/10" to the scale length and placing the near (sound ho…

Started by Bill Cory

19 Aug 13, 2017
Reply by Roger Häggström

Extra long bridge pins needed

I need a set of extra long bridge pins. We're working on a 70's Gibson J-50 that has had some strange repairs done. Primarily, it's had a w…

Started by Steve Baker

8 Apr 3, 2017
Reply by Steve Baker

Neck and bridge alignment for Les Paul builds

Hi everybody, at this stage of my first batch of builds I need some advice from the pros. I am happy how everything is progressing, and e…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

4 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Small quantities--sign painter's tape, 3M Stickit Gold

I'm about to fit a new bridge to an archtop guitar.  Dan Earlewine has a good StewMac trade secrets column on how to do it with a Stew Mac…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

35 Oct 10, 2013
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Bridge Plate grain orientation, and sizing

I completetly agree with Frank Ford's choice on bridge plate grain orientation. It just makes sense - the plate doesn't get cracked along t…

Started by fred huang

7 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Murray MacLeod

Bridge with Hide Glue dry time

Hi, I have a situation where someone needs a guitar bridge repaired fairly quickly. I should be ready to adhere the bridge tomorrow (Wednes…

Started by John Cartwright

4 Sep 11, 2011
Reply by John Cartwright

correct bridge placement

i'ma new guy to banjos - would like to make sure the bridge is in the proper place - can i use a tuner and the 12th fret like on a guitar…

Started by joe strummer

4 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Tim Mace

Torn Wood Grain Under Bridge

The Bridge has lifted from my 2006 G3 acoustic 6 string. It is not a pegged bridge but rather a string through style bridge. When the bridg…

Started by Doug Miller

20 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Doug Miller

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service