FRETS.NET

Hi Frank,

Having just read your response to the most common goof, I'm almost embarrased to ask a tool question. You show a big blue super duper clamping system (not the locating clamp). Can you show us a picture of this outside of a guitar?

Please allow me to thank you for the elaborate restoration blog. If you'll pardon the analogy, it is like seeing you in concert performing your big hits. But you've got a new take on the neck removal fixture, the bridge clamping fixture, relieving the dovetail, all sorts of surprises.

Best regards,

Joshua

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joshua - I do plan to do a piece on the jig, soon as I work out a few more bugs - it's still such a new rig, and mostly just an upgrade from the old rig I first made in 1997:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Tools/AirHarness/airharness...
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually curious about the clamp you are using to glue the bridge down. I'm about to buy the stew mac bridge clamp (which I guess is based on a martin clamp). But that big blue job doesn't look like one you made.

Best regards,

Joshua
Joshua -

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. Yes, I did make up that big blue clamp, and it gets a lot of use in our shop. I brazed a cross bar onto the upper arm of a Record bar clamp, and threaded it for three screws - based on a an older Taylor factory clamp I'd seen some years ago. I also have and use the StewMac "bridge clamping caul," the aluminum one with two screws. It works quite well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service