FRETS.NET

Luthier makes mistake; Not properly vetted; asks forgiveness from the Luthier National Party

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have improperly identified a Guild M 20 dove tail joint as a mortise/tenon joint. After getting a good week's sleep on what I initially said was a mortise/tenon, I determined this morning the joint was indeed a dovetail joint, applied steam, pressure, cussing, etc., and the neck came off.... to reveal the tightest dovetail I've come across. My thanks for all of you who responded to my cry for help, and my apologies to all for the misdiagnosis. (but hey, nobody died here, so I don't feel THAT bad). Next time I chime in, I'll wait for the frustating feelings of a repair gone wrong to recede before I start a discussion. Again thanks for all the support/ suggestions.

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff, it takes a real man to admit his mistakes. Glad it worked out. I've submitted your apology to the Luthier National Party and am told that forgiveness can be obtained if it is accompanied by a sizable campaign donation :)

Mike
Speaking for those of us who've never made a mistake, I can commend you for your candor!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service