FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,787)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Removing fender epoxied in neck

Any experience/ ideas welcome. Drill and rout is the only plan I've come up with.

Started by David Farmer

8 yesterday
Reply by Russell Vance

Ibanez SRT Preamp Issues

I've got a Ibanez 12 string with the SRT Preamp with B-Band under saddle pickup with no output. It uses 2 AA batteries which I just changed…

Started by Rob Sutton

3 on Wednesday
Reply by Walter Stites

neck reset regal guitar?

I have been asked to make this guitar playable. There is no identification on it. I looked in the book Regal Musical Instruments 1895-1955…

Started by Lee Gendvilas

31 on Tuesday
Reply by Lee Gendvilas

Allied Lutherie's temporary closure

Our friends at Allied Lutherie in Healdsburg, CA remain closed for the duration of the terrible Northern California fires in and around the…

Started by Mike Kolb

1 on Monday
Reply by Mike Kolb

Alien fret gunge

Pulling frets on an old Harmony. Heated the fret and this green liquid started to ooze out. Any idea what it is? Didn't seem to do any harm…

Started by Keith R

4 on Monday
Reply by onewent

Pulling Frets

Hi guys, I pulled the frets out of my Epiphone ES-335's rosewood fingerboard this weekend.  I used a soldering iron per the usual but I dev…

Started by Jon Cooper

8 on Monday
Reply by Michael

Top-loading acoustic bridge opinions?

Hi folks,  I've got a 1960's Harmony Sovereign on the bench that is a new acquisition by a mutual friend of my cousin, who also owns one of…

Started by John Cartwright

33 Oct 12
Reply by Mark McLean

Barbless tang?

I think bar frets is one of the practices that was really good but abandoned for a quicker way to do the same thing - almost as good. Like…

Started by Roger Häggström

11 Oct 11
Reply by Roger Häggström

Wanted: Ideas for protecting guitar tops

In the shop today with an old Harmony with a very flaky finish. Trying to devise ways to protect the top while refretting and so on, but ha…

Started by Keith R

2 Oct 9
Reply by Walter W Wright

Gibson adjustable bridge screw issue

I've been working on a 1950s Gibson 160 E that had serious damage around the bridge.  I replaced the damaged spruce bridge plate with a map…

Started by Chris Vallillo

14 Oct 9
Reply by Chris Vallillo

RSS

© 2017   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service