FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,188)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fret Slots too Large?

Hey all. I beveled my fret ends too much (strings slip off the fret), so I'd like to refret the neck. I'm concerned when I remove these fre…

Started by mr smits

12 yesterday
Reply by mr smits

Parrot Vise

FYI. A Parrot Vise clone is on eBay for $58.29. Looks identical to the Shop Fox version. I ordered one. I will compare it to the two Shop F…

Started by Thomas James

2 yesterday
Reply by Carl Dickinson

Parts box

I found a bunch of kitty cremation boxes at the flea market. I turned a few into parts boxes.

Started by Freddie Cisneros

6 Nov 5
Reply by Walter W Wright

SJ200 with rubbery guard that's loose .

Hi guys , This is a SJ200 gibson a few years old - not sure - the pick guard is the modern type that is soft like vinyl and won't stay glue…

Started by Len Biglin

4 Oct 31
Reply by Len Biglin

Tricky Crack Diagnosis Issue

Hi, My name is Dave Domizi and I run The Fret Shop in Athens, GA. I hope that you’re all well. I’m writing to ask for any experienced ide…

Started by Dave Domizi

8 Oct 26
Reply by Dave Domizi

Unwanted Signatures

Hi all. I have a 1975 Guild F-30 with a collection of 2 year old signatures on it (black sharpie). I don't want the signatures and have sta…

Started by Matt Haugen

5 Oct 24
Reply by Matt Haugen

Gibson J-50 reset...3 piece neck delamination

Working on a 1970s J-50.  Just steamed off the neck...3pc neck and the little "slivers" that make the tenon released from the neck shaft an…

Started by Brian Stewart

7 Oct 22
Reply by Brian Stewart

Polishing order for mirror glaze products

Hi all im going to polish my 96 poly prs with mirror glaze.  I have #7 and #9.  I have some pick scratches and a slight bit of haze along w…

Started by J45joe

6 Oct 21
Reply by Freddie Cisneros

Unusual pickguard static issue

Hi everybody, I've just setup a Mexican Fender P-Bass a d have run into an unusual issue. The owner was experiencing some static crackle w…

Started by Darren

9 Oct 20

Martin DM neck bolts?

On the bench we have a Martin DM which has a low vibration (sound) seems to be in or about the neck if/ when you tap or bump it with heel o…

Started by Hector Trevino

10 Oct 20

RSS

© 2020   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service