FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,372)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Loose binding

Hello, and thanks for a great forum! I have an Ibanez 2355 (copy of ES 175). The binding on the back seems to have shrunk, and it has come…

Started by Bob Steinarsson

6 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Bob Steinarsson

Spraying Sunbursts

Can anyone advise me on this? When a soundboard is stripped back to bare wood, all the advice is to blow a coat of sealer on for protection…

Started by Mac McElwain

4 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Dremel Plunge Router Base

In an article on frets.com, dated 3-1-98, there is mention of a plunge router base designed by Roy Noble. The article further mentions that…

Started by Jim Crockett

10 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

refret question

Hi, I'm new here. Great forum. I have a 2004 G&L Legacy with a bolt on neck. I'd like to do a refret so I can level the fingerboard. It…

Started by Doug Guillaume

11 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Mark Wallace

"Art & Lutherie" 12-string....

Howdy all.... In the shop is an older Canadian "Art & Lutherie" 12-string, in need of a neck reset. (The original job was repairing th…

Started by Mike Kolb

3 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

12 Fret Dreadnought Plans

I've been looking around for a set of plans for a 12 fret martin style dreadnought. Have any of you seen these for sale anywhere or have a…

Started by David Houchens

7 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Bending wood with a Fox-style machine

Donald Fortune's forum thread about bending wood piqued my interest, even though I have been using a Fox-style bending machine. The first p…

Started by Gary Nutt

4 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Gary Nutt

Looking For Restoration/Repair of a 1952 SJ-45

I am looking for a craftsman to do a restoration on my father's 1952 Gibson SJ-45. Anyone in Texas you would recommend? This was my father'…

Started by R. Shawn Jones

8 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by R. Shawn Jones

Opinions and Advice Requested on Top Restoral

The attached photo is of my 1936 ES150. It is all original but as you can see quite played (not by me). You will notice several top cracks…

Started by Frank Capo

5 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

1968 D-18 Martin Specs

Trying to nail down all the correct specs and to confirm exact material used (possibly black ebony) to make a exact bridge for a 68 D-18 Ma…

Started by Rob

10 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service