FRETS.NET

Found this catalog at an estate sale on Friday, and thought it might be of interest to some of you.  All of the mandolins are round back, and I was amazed at how much of the catalog was devoted to zithers. I remember seeing numbers stamped into the end of the peghead on Washburn guitars and wondering what they represented.  The prices are also very interesting.  There are 28 pages which was more than I could easily attach.  My son helped me set it up on dropbox:                               https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukkyqes8p94hl02/WashburnCatalog.pdf?dl=0

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks George!

The section on page 4 "Rosewood vs Mahogany" is very interesting and a great marketing ploy to increase their margins.

Thanks a lot, George. I love stuff like this. I haven't had time to read it yet but I got a kick out of the "Beckers Hand Rest" on the last page. 

Mark,  I thought the push for mahogany was a little self-serving, as well.                                                                     Ned,  I also love "stuff like this."  Hope you enjoy it  as much as I have.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service