FRETS.NET

How I did it. Should be self explanatory. Upper and lower bout on a 12" disc sander and waist on a 3" spindle sander as shown in pics.

Larger Pic

Larger Pic

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Penql-- That looks to be a flat top to what looks like a solid body guitar,and if thats the case then you could have done the routing arround the body with a router -- NO????
Donald
Hi Donald, yep - if the chamfer was the same width and depth all around (and I had one of those monster panel raising router bits). In this case the size varies as it goes around (see the pencil line in the top pic, where it comes to a point). You could also use a shaper and a template to vary the distance of the bit from the body in order to acheive differing depth of cut, maybe worth it if you were making lots of the same guitar :)
Maybe this illustrates it a little bit better...

hi Penql-- ok I get what you are saying, takes a stedy hand to do that too.
what are you going to use for electronics for that axx??
lets see the finished product when you get done ok???
Donald
All I know is I want some of those Lollar p90's. My wife says I can afford 2 Dixie cups and some string.
well Penql First I need some advice on getting coffee off of my puter screen- I was looking at your post when I was enjoying my morning coffee and I spewed it all over the screen in my attempt to contain my self.(guess I need to have an empty mouth when Im reading these posts)
Im working on a kinda strat copy body with a "3" on a side head stock
guitar now and between me and my son in law that thing should sound like its off the plannet--- gonna have demazio pups and some far out puter electronics that will require some 9 volt battery power to operate.
well do a good job on your new adventure and lets see it when you 'get er done'
Donald
working on a kinda strat copy body with a "3" on a side head stock

Sounds like plenty of fun! How about some progress pics from you, eh?
the body is a shadow of a strat body that has been chambered
with an "F" hole on the arm side of the body-- 1/4'' book mached walnut top and solid 2 piece walnut bk-- creme binding in the top edge of the body with a black band under the binding.
when I get the body done I will post a pic so you can see whats goin on. yep 3 on a side head stock ( havent decided how to shape it yet-- thats still on the drawing board)
with the electronics that Im going to use it aut to be a rocker..
my son in law will most likely end up with it since he plays out a lot....
be safe guy and have fun building--
Donald
Hi Pnql -- well here is the first of maby a series of pics of that
kinda strat body-- the things that are on the body are only a moc up and are NOT attached. the white traposoid thats behind the bridge is a moc up of what may be a false tail piece but it designed to be a cover to hide the batteries that are needed to operate some of the electronics.... hope you like it-- more to come...
Donald
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service