FRETS.NET

converting an ES-150 Copy to an ES-175 Copy - Need Help with neck-block details/dimensions

Howdy All :)
I have embarked on an in-depth project on an old guitar I picked up at a garage sale for $12 back in '84. It is a Gamble's Coronado N-1 ES-150-ish 19-fret, join-at-the-14th style. My profile photo is a pic of the top that I removed today.
Anyway, my intention is to convert this guitar to an ES-175 lefty for my own enjoyment. I just don't/won't have the cash to ever buy a real one, so I committed to build one out of this, the third guitar I've ever owned.
My problem now is that I can't seem to find any dimensional info on how the ES-175 is constructed in the neck block area. I am going to make a new neck block for this anyway, so I figured I'd ask the experts. I also am going to relocate the two parallel top braces to facilitate placing a pair of humbuckers on it.
I'm also looking for some tips on how to support the cutaway-access wood that I will have to add. The cutaway will be a florentine just like the ES-175.
I have my ideas on all of the points, but I'm just looking for some solid advice from experience.
Thanks in advance for any help you can lend :)
Dan Gibbs
P.S. This project started out a few weekends ago as a broken trussrod replacement :)

Tags: ES-175

Views: 110

Attachments:

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service