FRETS.NET

So I have this parlor from the early 1900's that needs a reset but the joint is full mortise a la violin family. Any thoughts about how to separate this type of joint. I've included photos of the guitar in question as well as photos of another, which has the same joint, but was apart when I got it, for obvious reasons. I was thinking of removing some wood from the end of the neck so that I can get some steam in there, Maybe drilling a slot between the neck and headblock? Anyone with suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

Views: 477

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eric the joint is were you should drill for the 2 holes rember bro they fit these necks tight no error at all . the passage you wrote (The real problem is that there is no room around the joint to inject steam into.) exactly drill holes along the seam of the joint 11/2 inch deep and 1 inch apart along the seam and inject steam apply heat as well and pull it off man I know you have it in you to do a good job here there may not be any room which you are looking for to push your steam you need to make it its a tight fit like it should be then you have a good join

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service