FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tricky truss rod repair on Gibson ES135

A friend of mine has a Gibson ES135 (modern) brought in for the truss rod repair. The threaded end snapped off, you see it quite often on…

Started by Demetry Merkuloff in Luthier Talk

2 Feb 24, 2015
Reply by Frank Ford

Acoustic Pickups

Just wondering what you guys typically recommend when a customer needs an acoustic pickup installed.  When customers ask how to get the mo…

Started by Jon Hiltbrand in Luthier Talk

22 Feb 21, 2015
Reply by Jon Hiltbrand

Hofner acoustic 492?

Hi. This is my first post here. I am a guitar novice and late starter. Frank Ford is a familiar name to me from my tie with the HSM site. W…

Started by Ken James in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 20, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

estimate for repair of crack on Martin DX1

Hello, I am looking to possibly buy a used made-in-USA Martin model DX1. It is being sold at a relatively-low price, due to a large crack o…

Started by Arthur Sweeney in Luthier Talk

14 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Yet another soundhole crack - cause and repair

This crack is on the same D-28 I mentioned in the other thread about the lifting bridge, and for what it's worth, there's a very good chanc…

Started by eliya in Luthier Talk

13 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Rear cavity templates?

Currently in the process of building a small bass body out of walnut. I'm looking-around for anyone that may sell a compact rear-cavity ro…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

13 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Richard Bales

Top reinforcement on a D-18

I'm doing a repair on a 1967 Martin D-18 that is almost identical to the "1949 OOO-28 Top Failure" in the Guitar structural section of Fret…

Started by Mark Klossner in Luthier Talk

8 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Mark Klossner

To glue or not to glue?

Hi everyone I guess that this subject has already been discussed but I couldn't find a clear answer on here so I thought that I would take…

Started by Dave Sparrow in Luthier Talk

7 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Dave Sparrow

CAM or G-Code files for Guitar Parts

I recently purchased a carving machine that can use G-Code files.  Has anyone seen or have code to carve guitar components such as acoustic…

Started by Chris Sisson in Luthier Talk

0 Feb 18, 2015

Low tack transfer tape

I'm having a hard time sourcing some wide/ low tack/ sign makers transfer tape like the stuff Frank Ford uses. Anybody particular brand I s…

Started by John White in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Alex Glasser

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service