FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

12 Fret Dreadnought Plans

I've been looking around for a set of plans for a 12 fret martin style dreadnought. Have any of you seen these for sale anywhere or have a…

Started by David Houchens in Luthier Talk

7 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Bending wood with a Fox-style machine

Donald Fortune's forum thread about bending wood piqued my interest, even though I have been using a Fox-style bending machine. The first p…

Started by Gary Nutt in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Gary Nutt

Looking For Restoration/Repair of a 1952 SJ-45

I am looking for a craftsman to do a restoration on my father's 1952 Gibson SJ-45. Anyone in Texas you would recommend? This was my father'…

Started by R. Shawn Jones in Luthier Talk

8 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by R. Shawn Jones

Opinions and Advice Requested on Top Restoral

The attached photo is of my 1936 ES150. It is all original but as you can see quite played (not by me). You will notice several top cracks…

Started by Frank Capo in Luthier Talk

5 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

1968 D-18 Martin Specs

Trying to nail down all the correct specs and to confirm exact material used (possibly black ebony) to make a exact bridge for a 68 D-18 Ma…

Started by Rob in Luthier Talk

10 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

equal temperment ? intonation ?

here we go any way i replaced a roller nut with brass and bone using the brass almost like a 0 fret not quite its there to fill remain g sp…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

15 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

1948 Martin with a hole (lot of issues)

I just picked up a Martin in poor shape. There is a hole in the waist on the treble side and it didn't come with the missing mahogany. It d…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Top Problems on Gibson ES125

Hi folks, I recently did some electrical work on my cousin's 1957 or 58 Gibson ES 125 like the one on this link http://en.wikipedia.org/w…

Started by John Cartwright in Luthier Talk

3 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Paul Breen

Vega mandolin bridge specs

I'm restoring a Vega cylinder-back Mandolin, and I need to fabricate a bridge (unless I can find one out there). Does anyone have one (a bo…

Started by griff in Luthier Talk

7 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Paul Breen

Rex Professioanl Banjo

I have a Rex Professional Five String Banjo, open back,hand crafted wooden neck, appaers to very old but in great condition, I hoping someb…

Started by Dan Perry in Luthier Talk

2 Nov 10, 2009
Reply by Paul Breen

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service