FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A new guitar seat.

Yesterday I made a new guitar seat to help anyone with a bad back from the footstool twist. This is at present improvised from scrap wood.…

Started by John Cadd in Luthier Talk

12 Nov 10, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

MIM Fender strat, 1993, rosewood fretboard separating from neck very slightly between the 5th and 8th frets

hello all, i noticed a bump in the neck on this one. looking closer i see that the fretboard has separated, and that it has been unsuccessf…

Started by David Reilly in Luthier Talk

5 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by David Reilly

Sigma soundboard belly advise sought

I'm a novice in these repairs (still don't charge for work, but someday...). Learning from books recommended here, Frets.com, StewMac Tips…

Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk

17 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

NEED Pick-up

Hi gang . Would anyone in northern USA or Canada have a old under the soundboard pick-up and barrel jack they could sell me. Please drop me…

Started by Rob in Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers

7 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Martin fretboard dots

anyone want to give me some pointers .... how do you cut the holes and install fretboard markers, dots, in a new fretboard? ... a brad poin…

Started by Fritz Froeschner in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Fritz Froeschner

clay dot finish problem?

hi i have a 2006 fender precision bass with a maple fretboard ,my problem is that a couple days ago the first 3 dots have changed from blac…

Started by eddie in Luthier Talk

2 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by eddie

All wood banjo

Here's a problem upon which I would like to focus the wisdom and experience of members. I had this banjo brought in in pieces a few weeks a…

Started by Dave Yelverton in Luthier Talk

14 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Wayne Robinson

Corian Saddle

Made a saddle for a customer about a month ago. First time I ever used Corian; I usually use bone, micarta, or tusq. A week ago he stops me…

Started by Christian Johnson in Luthier Talk

5 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Christian Johnson

Acoustic guitar glued in endpin problem solution...

This is my first post here folks. Remember, it's 'Be kind to the Newbee' month here on the Forum! I hope this is an original idea..... One…

Started by Kerry Krishna in Luthier Talk

2 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Converting a Lefty Acoustic to a Right Handed Guitar

I was thinking of buying a left handed acoustic guitar and was curious about converting it to a right handed instrument. I would assume you…

Started by Bobby Swanson in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service