FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

i might be in the market for an original mosrite electric guitar neck ?

hey guys 1965 was a good year and i am looking for a copy or a original mosright electric guitar neck dont matter much what color at this p…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

2 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Tom Krebs

Sorry about the SPAM! Jen Thomas is no more. . .

It happened while I was attending the Healdsburg Guitar Festival yesterday. Jen Thomas spammed a bunch of NING based sites, and has been ki…

Started by Frank Ford in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Attaching plastic black/white to the narrow edge of Ivoroid binding

I am doing a harp guitar restoration and looking for some ivoroid binding with plastic black/white already attached to the narrow edge (vie…

Started by Don Druckenbrodt in Luthier Talk

9 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

1958 Gretsch 6196 ..weird trussrod!!! ADDED PICS!

Hi Guys, as stated gotta 1958, 6196 cadillac green countryclub in for a setup.problem is the trussrod....whenever I tighten it,it actually…

Started by David Connolly in Luthier Talk

14 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

Bass fingerboard

Hello Would anybody know where I could get a 10" or 12" radius slotted 34" scale maple fingerboard for a bass guitar. I've checked Stewmac,…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Michael P. Lemieux

Nut spacing tolerances

Allright, here is my dilema....I've rebuilt, re-radiused, and refretted..( with stainless steel ) 4 guitars for a customer...Floyd Roses, l…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

26 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Why should I be not using Titebond lll

It has a longer working time and it says it's stronger..Dis- Advantages??

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

16 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Markus Schmid

Injecting Hide Glue?

Hi, This is my first post but I'm wondering what experience anyone here has with injecting hide glue with a syringe. I'm using it for the…

Started by Dean Jones in Luthier Talk

2 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

Acoustic bridge bolts... my confession.

After installing lots of replacement bridges, mostly on 70's/80's imports of one stripe or another, I've come to the conclusion that it's r…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

11 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by MrGlyn

Advise needed on assembling classical guitar

Hello to all of you! I’m trying to build a copy of a classical guitar (see my blogs, but beware: becourse of a lot of photo’s it takes a l…

Started by Bart van Weperen in Luthier Talk

13 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service