FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My first post here -- Gibson L5 finish issue -- Sweat damage?

I was referred from another forum and told that there may be a better understanding of this issue here. A client has brought me a beautiful…

Started by Mark Wybierala in Luthier Talk

8 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by Mark Wybierala

Exploring & Flying Limba wood...White (Korina) & Black

Hello to one & all...... Anyone know of a supplier who has White Limba (aka Korina, Afara, the name used in the UK) and Black Limba???…

Started by David Nelson in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by Mac Walker

Acoustic bass

Hey, Has anyone constructed what's now called an "acoustic bass" (I think Guild made the first ones, at least recently)? I've been interes…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Dave Yelverton

Blushing

Hello I am working on a Guild acoustic and it has some blushing going on. It's a polyester finish and tried blush eraser but had no effect.…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux in Luthier Talk

12 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Christian Johnson

Mahogany guitar top thickness

Folks, The first "real" acoustic guitar that I owned was a Guild D-25 that was, other than the bridge and fret board, all mahogany (Swieten…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Piezo pick up feeding back

Can anyone help with this problem? A couple of months ago a customer asked me to install an Allparts undersaddle p/u and EQ in his Fender a…

Started by Dave Yelverton in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

silverpen and lacquer?

I've been using pearl for my logos, but am starting to use decals now as production increases. Wanting to keep a "personal" touch, I though…

Started by Ry Charters in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Jason Hilbourne

Nipping mandolin fretwire

No matter how I nip the tang on tiny mandolin fretwire, I either bend the wire or leave a little bit of a nib to clean up with a file. Ther…

Started by Michael Burdette in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Binding F Holes

So we're refinishing an old ES 355 (for good reason, don't worry,) and the customer figures as long as the finish is off and he's already s…

Started by Steve Baker in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

L&H Mandolin Puzzle

Looking for some advice on a broken Lyon & Healy mandolin headstock. Hi everyone. First time caller, long time listener. Dan Wolf and…

Started by Steve Baker in Luthier Talk

13 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service