FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

weather and guitars

I'm not keen in meteorology. Which is the alert point in humidity and temperature for acoustics? In these days it's very hot, here in Italy…

Started by Antonio Cotichini in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Good/best wood identification source

Folks, Over the past few years I've managed to acquire dozens of samples of woods - mostly from packing - that I either can't specifically…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

"Backset" AC saddle?

Hello, I'm a non-luthier looking for a DIY solution to an intonation problem with an older Godin Multiac nylon-string guitar. As I unders…

Started by Greg Smith in Luthier Talk

27 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

String spacing rule in 5 minutes

I wanted to make a proportional string spacing rule and found out that adding small spaces requires some experience which I do not have. So…

Started by Igor in Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers

0 Jul 22, 2009

Classical guitar construction

Greetings to the classical guitar builders -- I have a question that needs to be answered- I just received a set of plans to build a Jose'…

Started by Donald A. Fortune in Luthier Talk

70 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Castello guitar, who, what where?

Hello again folks, I have another question...could be a tough one. As I noted in my last post, I'm cutting my teeth here and got an old jun…

Started by John Cartwright in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Can anyone recommend the best tools to do my own fret leveling?

Hi, I have a couple guitars which I'm trying to eliminate fret buzz on. One of them is a Les-Paul type electric, so it has a short scale.…

Started by stevenrosburg in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by stevenrosburg

How do you perform Kerfed Lining reglue

I just found an old yamaha red label 12 string and the kerfed lining has broken off from the top of the guitar throughout the entire lower…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

1 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Newbie greetings....and a question about glue.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and somewhat new to guitar/bass repair work. I'm working on some cheap old junkers to cut my teeth while absor…

Started by John Cartwright in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by John Cartwright

Clear pick guard attachment

I have just been reading Franks guide to attaching a clear pick guard using the water method. I have been asked to fit one onto a new guita…

Started by steve spearing in Luthier Talk

8 Jul 15, 2009
Reply by steve spearing

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service