FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

finishes

iam in process on my 3rd build . paduk back and sides , cedar top. ive seen some kind of epoxy or something to seal the wood before finishi…

Started by ferret in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by ferret

Changing neck profile on Hernadez(nippon) 60's Sherry Brenner

I'm thinking of replacing the fretboard and thinning the neck of my great ol'Hernandez.The action has never been what I believe it could be…

Started by Tim Mace in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Casting replacement geared tuner housings for Paramount banjo style F

I'm a sculptor casting my bronze sculpture in my studio foundry, and I want to help a friend who dropped his Paramount style F banjo and br…

Started by Terry Kreiter in Luthier Talk

0 Jul 26, 2009

Is there any connection between soundholes and 2 stroke silencer technology?

When guitar designers talk about soundholes they mention pumping of air in and out and this reminds me of the strange way that pressure wav…

Started by John Cadd in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Gap Behind a (Through) Saddle

Am I correct in assuming that a gap of 0.004"-0.005" behind a portion of the saddle (when under string tension) is a very dangerous thing?…

Started by Brent Hutto in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Are these Kluson tuners?

I have two sets of tuners, they're old, and I believe one is gold Kluson sealfast tuners, as found on the Gibson Johnny Smith and Super 400…

Started by Elaine S. Hartstein in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Jimmy James

Bent shafts on vintage tuners

I am fixing up a no-name, birch-body guitar and found its tuners as you see in the photo. Two of the tuner shafts are bent. I am guessing t…

Started by Rick Homan in Luthier Talk

10 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Mossman Neck Reset - Have you done one?

We've done one recent Mossman neck reset and it turned out great. But they changed designs a few times and we now have two earlier model Mo…

Started by Steve Baker in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

Re-Bending Wood?

So I have an old Harmony guitar body that I would like to try to do something with...its an OM sized box but I would like to try to disasse…

Started by Blue in VT in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Blue in VT

Crack repairs and glue joint lines manifesting through lacquer finish

Hi folks, Here's a question for you-I am using McFaddens lacquer. I'm using the pore filler they supply, the sealer and either their gloss…

Started by Rory in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Ry Charters

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service