FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

French Polish finish in Northern California

Hello, I'm trying to get leads to find a Luthier who is good with French Polish. I wanted to have my best Classical guitar's Top Refinishe…

Started by christopher bautista in Luthier Talk

11 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Jay Gordon

About Yamaha 12 string LL series

Maybe this is not the right place to put on the following tread, but I tried in other forums without reaching any solution. So I ask to all…

Started by Antonio Cotichini in Luthier Talk

12 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

making a freted bass fretless

what is the best method?

Started by Todd Baker in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Todd Baker

Truss Rod Nuts

Looking for a source for Fender Mexico truss nut. I have a strat with a stripped nut. It's an allen nut, and appears to be 4.5mm. It's roun…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Tom Krebs

A Quick way i have been repairing head stalks but i still need help with ?

Has been to Remove all the head cap of the main piece i will use either a disc sander or a belt sander to kiss the head cap or until the fi…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

What happens when you stick a guitar case in a Mini, in full sun, for 8 hours and 40 minutes

On another forum, several have us have been doing some experiments involving cars in hot sun - inside temp vs. outside temp, ttrunk temp vs…

Started by John Bushouse in Luthier Talk

17 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

V-shaped gold-plated brass string-thru tailpiece for Original & Historic 1958-1958 Flying V

As regards Flying V's, the 1958-1959 originals, as you will all know, had a V-shaped brass/gold-plated strings-thru-body tailpiece. Do Gibs…

Started by David Nelson in Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers

8 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Tom Krebs

Reset Help

I am attempting to reset the neck on a cheap guitar that I just got and would appreciate any thoughts that you may have. I am a complete no…

Started by Michael Kelly in Luthier Talk

6 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Michael Kelly

Nut slot question?

I was fine tuning the set-up on my guitar the other night and following the information on Fret.Com where Frank shows how to set the nut sl…

Started by gordon in Luthier Talk

7 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

double trouble

hey guys and Gals I am always up for suggestions from this crowd I have a customer with a double bass .and she dropped it this morning it h…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

8 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service