FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Measurements for Picture Frame Inlays on the Gibson L7

I am making a set of the picture frame inlays for a Gibson L7, but I am in need of the measurements of the 'frames' (including the binding)…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

0 Jun 25, 2009

Guitar Finishing Flaws

I sprayed KTM9 finish using two preval sprayers on the front, back and sides of my current guitar. I am using true oil finish on the neck.…

Started by Everett Stone in Luthier Talk

2 Jun 24, 2009
Reply by Everett Stone

How to Clean soundboard scrapes before repairing ?

I have an old guitar that has a fairly good lacquer finish, The soundboard has 3 scrapes not very deep but the finish is mostly gone in the…

Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 24, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

ES-175-D sinking top

In Frank Ford's pictures of the tone bar repairs he used "turnbuckles" for raising the archtop. I tried finding that side turnbuckles and h…

Started by John Paul in Luthier Talk

8 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by John Paul

Intonation

I am a little confused about adjusting intonation: Some teachers say the 12th fret should right on with the open string (Erelewine), other…

Started by Larry Parker in Luthier Talk

32 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

Neckblock shifted on a Gibson acoustic...

The customer brings his latest "eBay find", a Gibson Southern Jumbo, in for high action. It's from the '70's and definitely needs the neck…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

ES-175-D sinking top

I have the same problem that Frank Ford shown in picture's on Frets.com. I have other questions that maybe he could answer.I have written t…

Started by John Paul in Luthier Talk

0 Jun 22, 2009

A very nice Gibson Neck

Hi out there I have this realy good Gibson neck complete with Rose wood fret board and all freted less one Turner .The guitar got run over…

Started by William F.Eden in Luthier Talk

0 Jun 22, 2009

Truss Rod Problem

My first acoustic guitar made 8 months ago, the problem , of course form the beginning. But now want to make it right somehow. Cannot get t…

Started by Michael Tulloch in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 21, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Japanese Pull Saws

I love them (Thanks Frank) Are the BIG Dollar ones worth the BIG money??? Thanks

Started by Frank Medina in Luthier Talk

18 Jun 20, 2009
Reply by Cliff Morris

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service