FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The old Hensel Guitar

Thought you would like to see how the repair& refinish job went on the Parlor Guitar I was trying to get the info on some time ago.It s…

Started by William F.Eden in Luthier Talk

6 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Cut-Through Saddles

Why does a cut-through saddle (like on old Gibsons, et. al.) have to be glued in its slot when a regular "captive" saddle does not? Is the…

Started by Brent Hutto in Luthier Talk

1 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Greg Mirken

Removing nitro-cellulose

I have just acquired a delicious Gibson Southern Jumbo from 1973. My first Gibson. It is a fabulous instrument. Sonds and plays gorgeous, b…

Started by Mac McElwain in Luthier Talk

16 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Varnish/Laquer

OK finish experts. What's the difference between laquer and varnish?

Started by Christian Johnson in Luthier Talk

9 Jun 10, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

help with guitar identification

I recently bought a classical guitar with a beautiful tone, but don't know any information about the maker or woods. The label inside the g…

Started by JC in Luthier Talk

5 Jun 10, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Left handed guitars

On production left handed guitars is it just the bridge and pickguards that are reversed or are the internal braces and structure reversed…

Started by Cliff Morris in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Takamine

I know this is gonna sound terrible, but money is REALLY tight right now. I played a Takamine EAN10C at GC, and i fell deeply in love with…

Started by Dustin Finlayson in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by Rick Gentry

JDL Bridge System Question!

HI, I have a customers old Gibson acoustic. Im not sure what model it is, but it's a tad smaller than a dreadnaught. The top is pretty bell…

Started by Darren in Luthier Talk

6 Jun 8, 2009
Reply by Darren

Steam bending mahogany to achieve headstock angle?

So I'm looking at the headstock on my '69 Les Paul Deluxe (gold-top) admiring the lacquer cracks when BAM, it hits me, there is no scarf jo…

Started by Mac Walker in Luthier Talk

8 Jun 8, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

Reasonably priced arched top acoustic guitar kit

Hey Folk, Seems like the only way that I'll ever afford a decent archtop is to make one - an early '50s Epiphone slipped by me in Cinty ab…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

7 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service