FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Distended unglued sides and tops/backs!!!!!

So it's old, bound. and the sides are seperating from the back or top....You push on one side to line it up, and the piece next to it bulge…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

2 Mar 2, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Problem on the first 4 frets....HELP

Hello everyone, I started a topic about a month ago i think about a problem i had with my acoustic guitar. The issue was ( and is ) that a…

Started by ZzZzZiggy in Luthier Talk

5 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

As far as smell how bad is bad for a guitar......

I have a guitar in a case and I used to use humidifiers in it and the first time I noticed mold on the humidifier I tossed it in the trash.…

Started by Von Luhmann in Luthier Talk

9 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Working on bolt on necks... a solid working surface...

Just came up with this tonight...Was doing fret work on a Fendender neck tonite...I have a jig set up on my bench to do fenders, but I got…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

3 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Steinberger gearless tuners

I have a BC Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece 6 string electric guitar. I've had it just over 2 years and while I really think it's a well-built…

Started by Ron in Luthier Talk

1 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

?Yairi 1966 #67

anybody know anything about Yairi from japan ?

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 28, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Need Guild Plant Names/emails

Trying to help a lad in Virginia locate someone who used to work in the Westerly R.I plant . Hoping they may have or may know someone who m…

Started by Rob in Luthier Talk

5 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Rob

Why would a solid-body with 1 humbucker barely be heard through an amp?

I set up a Fernandes solid-body with a passive humbucker for a friend and plugged it in to try it out. I wasn't sure it was even coming thr…

Started by Rick Homan in Luthier Talk

12 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Removing contact paper!

A friend has an early 70s D-35S. Pickguard has pulled off, but the real challenge is the clear contact paper(!) some thoughtful soul applie…

Started by Chris Thiessen in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by Jonathan Stilley

Is this fairly easy to fix or not? Baby Taylor headstock....

...recently cracked when the wind knocked it over. About how much should I expect to pay for the repair? many thanks! Davo

Started by davo in Luthier Talk

10 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by Christian Johnson

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service