FRETS.NET

Paul Hostetter's Discussions (265)

Discussions Replied To (264) Replies Latest Activity

"Dark, almost opaque, brown, but I too remember some black ones: These guards were pr…"

Paul Hostetter replied Jan 5, 2011 to Problematic pickguard reglue- maybe I'm losing my mind!

7 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Paul Hostetter

"Perhaps we mean two different things when we say "thick." I can't think of a black g…"

Paul Hostetter replied Jan 5, 2011 to Problematic pickguard reglue- maybe I'm losing my mind!

7 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Paul Hostetter

"Those thick pickguards were styrene, not celluloid. Try and get all traces of previo…"

Paul Hostetter replied Jan 4, 2011 to Problematic pickguard reglue- maybe I'm losing my mind!

7 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Paul Hostetter

"My issue with Aquila strings is that they are very soft, have far more memory (meani…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 27, 2010 to Add a bead to a wound nylon string, how?

9 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Paul Breen

"I'm with Greg, beads aren't necessary. I also recommend Savarez Yellow Card/Carte Ja…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 26, 2010 to Add a bead to a wound nylon string, how?

9 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Paul Breen

"I am solidly with Frank (as usual) on that. BTW, I have a page about doing that proc…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 17, 2010 to Repacing a Gibson plastic bridge

6 Dec 22, 2010
Reply by Gary Fried

"A trick I learned years ago was to use acrylic lacquer thinner for nitro lacquer, pa…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 13, 2010 to Lacquer thinner

4 Dec 14, 2010
Reply by William F.Eden

"Harmony used pinless bridges for decades. Besides the parallel, uncompensated saddle…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 12, 2010 to Pinless bridges

5 Dec 12, 2010
Reply by Paul Hostetter

"Do the best you can to press that area back to shape. Super-precision is not called…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 12, 2010 to vega VIP banjo shell crack

14 Dec 12, 2010
Reply by Lee Gendvilas

"I too wish I'd thought of those nippers. I'd had an original in my tool drawer for y…"

Paul Hostetter replied Dec 9, 2010 to Cheaper Fret tang cutters

17 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service