FRETS.NET

If Frank says it's ok to post pretty pictures, I would love to see on-going and latest finished instruments here.

Views: 3822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the guitar ready for travel.
Attachments:
Here's a couple pics of my latest banjo.... just finished two weeks ago.dave (see if the pics show up) :)
Couldn't find the button, so hopefully this works this time.

dave
Attachments:
Oh dear, it has no frets! It was made to play a daxophone which does have frets, but oh dear, no strings! I promise I will make a guitar soon. I just had to show off, it's my second bow.

This is my latest finished guitar (unfortunately it's over six months old). 000 size, cocobolo b/s, my first french polish. I've recently begun another of the same size in mahogany trying to duplicate results, so look for that around the new year at the rate I'm going.
Attachments:
I also finished this Puerto Rican Tiple this summer. All poplar with a cedar top I sawed from a shelf in my basement.
Attachments:
This is the Mandocello that I recently finished. You can see a video of me playing it and a mandola that I've built at; http://www.youtube.com/user/mdelabano
Attachments:

This is my latest. It is actually more than 1 1/2 years old. I'm in graduate school and working right now, so that's put a damper on my building. It is a cutaway (obviously) Model K, which I based looooosely on the L-1. The bracing does not really follow the L-1 at all, so, while inspired by Gibson, it is not a copy of. Scale is 24.625, 14 frets to the body. It's owned by a local guy who used to play in a number of punk bands. He's mostly playing to his kids now, with a little sitting in with the guys who still play. It's got a K&K mini western.
About time we had an electric on this thread!!

maple top on a salvaged mahogany hollow body. the neck is on piece Hog from the same billet. Fretboard is EIR, Tapped H/Bs from Guitar fetish and there's a under saddle piezo pup for acoustic(ish) sounds too.

Stereo jack running to the centre unit in the rack which splits the signal to a DOD G7 for the piezo and a Roland GP8 for the Magnetic pups. the two units midied together......

Hi Martin-- yep bout time -- I posted a strat style axx that I made for a bud in TX. I like your toy.. Im in the process of designing a hybred of my own. I have a prototype now and Im in the process of tweeking it to my liking. Do another one like it and have fun :)
Give your self a gold star for that one :)
Best to ya,
Donald
Thanx Donald, Next guitar will be a hybrid archtop. floating electric pups and some sort of acoustic pup system too.....

but I have an electric bass to finish off first!
hey Martin , Are you going to put pickups in the saddles of that bass...????
Donald

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service