FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,155)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Headstock Break (inherited)

I recently had this one handed to me. Belongs to a buddy who thought breaking it once was not enough so he did it twice. 1990 Guild D-25NT.…

Started by Lee Baker

4 Jun 27
Reply by Brian Stewart

Super glued Martin neck/body joint

So I'm working on a Martin with the laminated neck , with a bad neck angle...I saw it was a bolt on type , so I told the customer it would…

Started by thefishinmusician

19 Jun 27
Reply by Brian Stewart

Guild F-212-XL dovetail

Does anybody know how far in from the edge of the fingerboard I need to drill to hit the edge of the dovetail for a neck re-set, so I can f…

Started by Bob Gaddis

2 Jun 24
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Saddle seating problem?

I have a Larrivée dreadnought. I noticed the guitar is jangly in the upper registers, and discovered that the action was low on the B and E…

Started by Jon Jerome

1 Jun 23
Reply by Mike Kolb

buzz from a resonator cone... what to do?

Hi, all - I have a National ukulele that is a few years old and in great shape overall. But I've noticed a small buzz coming from the biscu…

Started by Christina Perry

13 Jun 21
Reply by Greg Miller

Curving Back Strip

This is a Lyon & Healey parlor guitar that Frank correctly identified as having Faux Graining.  What looks like very figured rosewood i…

Started by George Roberts

4 Jun 18
Reply by Roger Häggström

Finish ding repair

So....Customer gave me a new strat body and wanted to add a sustainior and battery compartment...I did the route , and...CRAP !,,,,,I forgo…

Started by thefishinmusician

0 Jun 12

Hofner archtop necks

Hope you're all doing alright and keeping busy! I've just started taking in a few repairs this week in a safe way: it's nice to have instru…

Started by Keith Somerville

5 Jun 10
Reply by Palle Clausen

Guild Starfire 12string. String tension question.

Hello, I have a Guild Sarfire 1V 12 string, purchased new eighteen months ago, currently strung with my preferred choice, Ernie Ball 10-46…

Started by Brian T. Williams

5 Jun 9
Reply by Brian T. Williams

Removing a neck with a wide square heel

I've done between 30 and 40 neck resets over the years. Mostly vintage Martins. Sometimes some finish touchup is necessary, but they always…

Started by Christopher Parker

2 Jun 8
Reply by jbbancroft

RSS

© 2020   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service