FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bridge pin size and angle

Hi all.  I am new here! Bridge pins have been loose since I bought the guitar, but now one is slipping. Can't measure the hole angle accura…

Started by Paul Levens

23 Mar 16
Reply by Ron Frazier

!2 string nut slots

Guys I just wanted to get some opinions on how you cut 12 string nut slots.  I cut them so each string in the pair clears the first fret b…

Started by Dave Sparrow

6 Mar 15
Reply by Dave Sparrow

Martin with alloy soundboard

Hi everyone , This is a Martin with an aluminium soundboard , the bridges on these tend to let go . This one has been reglued 3 times , tak…

Started by Len Biglin

8 Mar 14
Reply by Jay Lowe

Thoughts on ukulele/banjo friction pegs

Working on an old banjolele today. Customer's complaint is the usual about slipping pegs. It currently has washers on either side: one a bl…

Started by Keith

7 Mar 14
Reply by Mark McLean

Linseed oil? Education needed.

Hobbyist here, non professional. Can anyone chime in on the use of linseed oil on fingerboards?  I was watching a few different YouTube vi…

Started by John Yungbluth

17 Mar 9
Reply by Lee Gendvilas

How far to scrape top wood underneath the bridge?

Hey Guys! First post here in this community. First I´d like to say I´m a fan of Frank Ford and his ways to tackling issues on guitars. Rea…

Started by Alexis Magni

18 Feb 26
Reply by jbbancroft

WRITING INSIDE GUITAR

This is a guitar that I have owned for many years.  Recently the bridge split just in front of the saddle.  Before trying to remove the bri…

Started by George Roberts

6 Feb 25
Reply by George Roberts

Repairing the bass from hell!

I first posted about this repair under “ advise on repairing a bad heel break” well I’m almost ready to string this bass up once I glue som…

Started by jbbancroft

4 Feb 18
Reply by Ron Frazier

Flexible strap clamps

Hi all I have a fingerboard to replace on an old neck and was considering using the flexible strap clamps that Touchstone Tonewood sell. …

Started by Dave Sparrow

7 Feb 18
Reply by Ron Frazier

Fishman Pickup on adjustable Bridge acoustic

I have a Fishman Blender that I want to install on a Gibson J50 w/ adjustable bridge. Fishman would offer no suggestions. The bridge rest o…

Started by Jamie Lyles

8 Feb 12
Reply by Walter W Wright

RSS

© 2019   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service