FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,112)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank Ford

11 Jan 6
Reply by Frank Ford

Fender Tele lacquer drop fill.

Hi All, Another  challenging year is on its way - we here are seeing an increase in finish problems on new and near new instruments due to…

Started by Russell Vance

4 Jan 5
Reply by Russell Vance

Something to worry about?

My Orville Les Paul Junior has some lacquer stress cracks at the neck joint. What's the best approach to this repair? Thanks, Jim

Started by Jim Yates

9 Jan 4
Reply by Jim Yates

Uke finish

I was given an unfinished Uke kit made by Ohana (ohana-music.com) for Christmas.  I plan to finish and assemble it to share with my grandso…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

3 Jan 1
Reply by Ed Minch

Dorset Luthier

I'm Mac, a luthier working out of New Zealand, building in NZ native woods. I need help! A UK client has just taken a dreadnought back to E…

Started by Mac McElwain

1 Dec 16, 2019
Reply by Palle Clausen

Les Paul neck flaking.

Hi Guys , this is a 96 LP standard , in the middle of the neck the lacquer is cracking , shrinking and starting to fall off . The owner has…

Started by Len Biglin

5 Dec 14, 2019
Reply by Paul Breen

UK Vintage Gibson refinish help

Hi there, I've a customer looking to have a Kalamazoo KG11 1930's? refinished. Any suggestions of who I can put the person in touch with, w…

Started by Darren

1 Dec 12, 2019
Reply by Darren

Sideways - out Fender frets with a bound neck...

Got a well warped bound neck with the added bonus of a thickskin finish...The neck will be going in to be Plekked ( I don't do it , the sto…

Started by thefishinmusician

4 Dec 7, 2019
Reply by thefishinmusician

Paisley fender is cracking and loose .

Hi guys , My customer has a paisley front tele bass from 1968 . Rare ! But the paisley overlay is cracking and lifting a little . Does anyo…

Started by Len Biglin

6 Dec 6, 2019
Reply by Russell Vance

HHG question

Doesn't always happen, but I've got an unusually solid dovetail fit happening on a D18 neck reset.  I'm getting ready to do the glue-in in…

Started by Mike Kolb

6 Dec 4, 2019
Reply by Mike Kolb

RSS

© 2020   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service