FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,893)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lacquer Retarder in the UK

Hi guys, Im new to the finishing game, and wondered if any of the UK based users know of where I can obtain some lacquer retarder? Im str…

Started by Darren

2 Jun 3
Reply by Darren

WASHBOARDING OF SPRUCE GUITAR TOPS?

I have been building several guitars (for grandchildren), but have encountered a problem with the tops developing a washboard effect.  The…

Started by George Roberts

4 Jun 2
Reply by George Roberts

Quick survey about routing saddle slots

Just curious what you are all using to route saddle slots. Fairly recently, I got the saddle jig from StewMac and it's doing the job pretty…

Started by Keith

2 Jun 1
Reply by Robbie Collins

Any One Know whta year my PSR elec is ... zac meyers se 24 semi hollow...

its a  R13559...i think a 2013......

Started by joe butkins

9 Jun 1
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

Changing a UST to Different Type Transducer

Hello.  I'm new to the group.  I'm just a casual player but like to do my own guitar setups and improvements.  I'm working on a Fender elec…

Started by Greg Miller

14 May 30
Reply by Russell Vance

58 Ibanez Salvadore reset .

This is an early Ibanez archtop , with MOTS fretboard and headstock , has anyone had success with steaming a neck on these ?

Started by Len Biglin

0 May 24

MT neck reset on an old parlour

A customer brought in two guitars for resets. One is a Silvertone with a standard dovetail that I've already reset and is clamped. In the m…

Started by Keith

4 May 24
Reply by Roger Häggström

Using binding to widen a fingerboard

Hi, chaps. Been asked by a customer to work on a 70s Martin D-35 by replacing the old binding with wider binding to effectively increase t…

Started by Keith

4 May 19
Reply by steven gallagher

Gibson Firebird with strings binding in the nut - at my wit's end..

First of all.. thanks for letting me join this community, I've had a look round over the last day and it seems like a great place with some…

Started by Dan

20 May 18
Reply by Dan

Stella Tailpiece

Hello Folks I have an old plain Stella tailpiece.I was wondering if there is someplace I can take it to get it stamped or cut to look like…

Started by Allen L Wall

5 May 16
Reply by Allen L Wall

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service