FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cello String Gauges

Howdy. Would like to tune one of my basses like a cello. I have picked the cello up again and love the open chords that come from open fif…

Started by Rick Gentry

0 Sep 26, 2009

DoveTail reset - How tight?

When I shim the dovetail joint for a reset, how tight should I make it prior to glueing? "I plan to use hot hide glue. After test fitting…

Started by Brian Farrell

4 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Different Neck Tensions When Re-fretting

Hello, I wanted to get some different views about this topic. Feelings on whether there should be tension on the truss rod, moderate tensi…

Started by Dave Bacon

7 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Dave Bacon

Suzuki bridge, no saddle ???

Recently I got a Suzuki (labeled: Nagoya, Japan, number on neckblok: 710128) in for repair. This guitar's bridge, bolted to the soundboard…

Started by Bart van Weperen

5 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Question about alternative bracing for old Bay State

Hello again, I have my first work order here. I'm still not ready to hang out my shingle, but he's a friend and wants to help me out. He ha…

Started by John Cartwright

11 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

Mandolin tailpiece cover for Nick

Here a couple of pix of the cover The mess on the back is where someone had glued an anti-rattle leather strip to it. It has a few little d…

Started by Bob Gaddis

6 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Paul Hostetter

Ovation Legend Floating fingerboard?

Hi All, I am guessing some of you might know the answer to this... I have a 1979-1980 Ovation Legend (serial is 207***) and I am wonderin…

Started by The Smurf

5 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

kluson deluxe tuners

I just got a cool old parlor guitar and had it partially restored, with the old Kluson deluxes' getting new buttons (there were no buttons…

Started by steve reid

12 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by steve reid

Extremely educational ERVIN SOMOGYI footage!

Hi folks, My lovely wife and I used to produce the Gourmet Guitars DVD series. Due to the economy and the extremely high production cost we…

Started by Holger Obenaus

0 Sep 22, 2009

Ovation Celebrity 12 string

Is it possible to adjust neck angle on Qvation 12string?All I see is a hex bolt inside.

Started by Tim Mace

3 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service