FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'bridge' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bridge and Saddle Measurement Differences

Regarding measuring for bridge/saddle placement: In kits, Martin recommends adding 1/10" to the scale length and placing the near (sound ho…

Started by Bill Cory

19 on Sunday
Reply by Roger Häggström

Extra long bridge pins needed

I need a set of extra long bridge pins. We're working on a 70's Gibson J-50 that has had some strange repairs done. Primarily, it's had a w…

Started by Steve Baker

8 Apr 3
Reply by Steve Baker

Neck and bridge alignment for Les Paul builds

Hi everybody, at this stage of my first batch of builds I need some advice from the pros. I am happy how everything is progressing, and e…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

4 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Small quantities--sign painter's tape, 3M Stickit Gold

I'm about to fit a new bridge to an archtop guitar.  Dan Earlewine has a good StewMac trade secrets column on how to do it with a Stew Mac…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

35 Oct 10, 2013
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Top-loading acoustic bridge opinions?

Hi folks,  I've got a 1960's Harmony Sovereign on the bench that is a new acquisition by a mutual friend of my cousin, who also owns one of…

Started by John Cartwright

7 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by John Cartwright

Bridge Plate grain orientation, and sizing

I completetly agree with Frank Ford's choice on bridge plate grain orientation. It just makes sense - the plate doesn't get cracked along t…

Started by fred huang

7 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Murray MacLeod

Bridge with Hide Glue dry time

Hi, I have a situation where someone needs a guitar bridge repaired fairly quickly. I should be ready to adhere the bridge tomorrow (Wednes…

Started by John Cartwright

4 Sep 11, 2011
Reply by John Cartwright

correct bridge placement

i'ma new guy to banjos - would like to make sure the bridge is in the proper place - can i use a tuner and the 12th fret like on a guitar…

Started by joe strummer

4 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Tim Mace

Torn Wood Grain Under Bridge

The Bridge has lifted from my 2006 G3 acoustic 6 string. It is not a pegged bridge but rather a string through style bridge. When the bridg…

Started by Doug Miller

20 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Doug Miller

12 String Guitar lifting bridge issue

Hello, I am looking to buy a used 12-string acoustic guitar. I know that 12-string guitars have a problem of of all that string tension eve…

Started by Arthur Sweeney

12 Aug 29, 2010
Reply by Mike Kolb

RSS

© 2017   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service