FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'finish' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Clouded finish

Looking for advice on dealing with stubborn white cloudy finish. I have spots resulting from steaming a neck joint (a neck with a broken he…

Started by Colin O'Brien

2 Oct 30, 2021
Reply by Mike Kolb

Finish ding repair

So....Customer gave me a new strat body and wanted to add a sustainior and battery compartment...I did the route , and...CRAP !,,,,,I forgo…

Started by thefishinmusician

0 Jun 12, 2020

Fairbanks Circa 1895 Neck Refurbishing

A contractor friend of my brother, who lives in New Hampshire, found a banjo in the wall of a house he was restoring (or so I am told ... I…

Started by Jonathan Conant

8 Jan 2, 2016
Reply by Kerry Krishna

Difficulty with drop fills

I recently tried the drop fill technique on a couple finish scratches on my guitar, after the superglue was applied and had dried there was…

Started by david ericson

6 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by david ericson

Durability: TruOil vs. Wipe-On Poly?

Hello Frets.net,I'm new here and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's contributed, I've found some very invaluable information on…

Started by joeguam

27 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Ned Knepp

70's Stat neck flaking.

I have a piece brought in by my first repeat customer that isn't a friend or relative. It's a 1976 Tele in great shape with few nicks, ding…

Started by John Cartwright

7 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by Thomas James

Removing UV catalysed finish

Does anyone have experience in removing these new UV catalysed finishes from acoustic guitars?   David.

Started by David Harman

7 Jun 16, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

Taylor Finish Matching

Greetings all: First I would like to admit, I have started down the slippery slope of luthiery, I have decided prior to starting a new bui…

Started by SlideBender

5 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by SlideBender

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service