FRETS.NET

Yesterday my Martin DR-1E cushioned my fall onto a steel campground firepit, but suffered a badly cracked face. One large crack to the left of the fretboard, a few smaller ones on the face, and a 3/4 inch cracked edge on the rosewood plywood on the right side, where there's some crushed face spruce which has come away from the side a little.
I'd like to try to fix it myself, but have never tried guitar repair. Am currently repairing a small old wooden sailboat with a wonderful epoxy for marine use, "West System" epoxy, and am inclined to use it to put this thing back together. I borrowed some clamps that will reach into the guitar, and am pretty fastidious about careful repairs of most broken things I've attempted to fix. Any ideas? I've attached two photos, one re-enacting the accident, and another with a better view of the poor thing. Thanks a million. Your site makes fascinating reading!

Views: 188

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael You can buy a new top for & 70.00 or less on the enternet and do it your self it is not that hard a job you just may get hooked on Luthier.It is to bad you didn't live close to me I would be glad to help you out, good luck Bill."""""""""

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service