FRETS.NET

Hi, not really a question for luthiers, but here I go.

Does anyone struggle with GAS? You know, just ONE more guitar,

and I will be done buying them? I have been fighting GAS for

years, and have almost won. I am down to only 2 guitars now,

1 electric, and 1 acoustic. That is normal, but, I still am on guitar

websites often, 'just looking'.. Not sure how long I can last before

GAS strikes again.

-help-

Views: 922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm 60 this month, but I developed a bad case of late-onset GAS.  I'm up to 9 including the bouzouki I just built (my first effort).  I blame my wife - she pointed out a nice Jedson (Terada) in the small-ads last year.  Since then it's been downhill all the way...

There is no known cure, but a bigger house may help hide the symptoms.

I'm not sure that "building" is a symptom of GAS,  That's most likely a comletely different obsesive condition.

I haven't built anything yet, but I think I might be coming down with it very soon.  For reasons that I don't understand, I've started accumulating clamps.  Lots of them.  And I'm getting ready to build my own spool clamps and cam clamps from scratch.  Clearly, something is up...

I knew I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. I just came back from

a local guitar store. I was in there for a half hour, played 5 acoustic

guitars, and fell in love with one of them. I managed to escape the

store without buying it, but now it'll be on my mind for a long time.

GAS is rearing its ugly head again!

Tom - that's not GAS, sounds more like eclampsia.  You need to see a doctor about that..

My GAS is back. From my 1 electric and 1 acoustic, I have added two more acoustics. How can I make this stop!?

Guilty, guilty, me too.  It's worse, now, in a way, because I am a luthier, and just love basket cases, the vintage ones needing resurrection...like the 1928 Gibson TG0 tenor I just acquired.

Attachments:

No is my standard reply. 

But my wife responds, have some pity on the poor instruments, get them to someone who can REALY play.  Let their purpose in life be fulfilled.

I drop my head, and slowly sulk away.  And then with great fanfare agree to sell one or two.  These will finance my next attack.

First step to recovery, acknowledge the problem.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service