FRETS.NET

Hello,
I have a Ovation Celebrity model CC153 and had to fill in the saddle slot with a filler piece of wood and have to recut the slot. For some reason someone widened the slot to a quarter inch. So my question is, is it a standard rule to measure from the nut to the 12th fret, then from the 12th to the saddle and that would be the scale length for this guitar? I know Ovation has different scale lengths for their guitars. This one is a classical electric acoustic and I understand that the slot is straight across, not angled for compensation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so very much,
Michael

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Michael - As far as I know the method you mentioned is fool proof with the exception that intonation may be a bit off.
Peace - Donald
Thanks Donald,
This info was very useful.
Michael
For a Nylon string guitar, doubling the nut to 12th fret measurement and adding 1.5mm (1/16") is a good measurement to use.for positioning the saddle.(measure from face of nut to centre of 12th fret)
This is from the nut to the front of the slot, and is the same for high and low E strings
Hello Jeff
Thanks for the info. You guys have been very helpful. This is a nylon string guitar.
Michael
Qvations I owned were always intonated incorrectly and needed adjustment..Especially B but they all have their special offnesses...it's a ear thing...G's need special attention.
Hey thanks Tim,
I tell ya, I'm just loving all this info I'm getting. What a great help all you guys have been. How can you not love this forum. Thanks again,
Michael
I would suggest a 'false' saddle, with the guitar nicely set-up to determine the intonation points, then go ahead and re-route the slot to accomodate those points. More work, better results.
stg's is the best complete route.....
You guys are just blowing me away with all this great advise. Thank you, thank you,thank you.
Michael

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service