FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Old Gibson: loosen fingerboard extension

Greetings, I'm about to undertake a neck reset on a '32 Gibson flat top (neck was never off the guitar).  I want to ask your opinions befor…

Started by onewent in Luthier Talk

3 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Howard Klepper

Tuning issue with electric guitar

Hi all. I have a Cort Special Series SP-3 electric guitar, which is basically a copy of a Stratocaster. I have an issue with tuning. I have…

Started by Arthur Sweeney in Luthier Talk

19 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Super jumbo fret wire 6000

I am looking for a source for the jumbo fret wire. I have a 72 P Bass that have been re-fretted with this wire. It took a hard cymbal hit a…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

5 Nov 3, 2010
Reply by Tom Krebs

Dixie Brand Tenor Banjo W/ Fingerboard Seperation

Hello All,So I have this tenor banjo in for repair. I'm not really familiar with the brand. Maybe someone knows a little more about them? T…

Started by Justin in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 2, 2010
Reply by Justin

Going from medium frets to jumbo frets

I'm doing my first refret, in fact it's almost done.  One thing I wish I would have done differently, and this is my question...Should I ha…

Started by Craig Denney in Luthier Talk

24 Nov 2, 2010
Reply by Craig Denney

How is neck attached on Samick mandolin?

This is a kind of recycling project. I intend to remove a bendy bad-grain neck from an arch-top A-model Samick 'greg bennett' mandolin, and…

Started by Alys And Simcha in Luthier Talk

0 Oct 31, 2010

Quartersawn Ebony on Vintage Martins

Does anyone know if Martin specifically used only quartersawn ebony for their fingerboards and bridges on their vintage guitars? I can buy…

Started by Stephen P. Johnson in Luthier Talk

10 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Paul Hostetter

Help in Identifying Make of Banjo Part

One of my part-time hobbies is metal detecting and a member of our detecting club recently found this item and was asking for help to ident…

Started by Mark Wallace in Luthier Talk

7 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Nitro Problems

For years I have used ML Campbell vinyl sealer and their nitro lacquer, with good results. My Edmonton, Alberta, Canada industrial supplier…

Started by Rick Matei in Luthier Talk

5 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by chris snyder

Fixing loose volume knob

I'm trying to fix a  loose volume knob on my Burns guitar. There is no set screw. I assume it would pull off? I don't want to break it.

Started by mallen in Luthier Talk

17 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Rob Mercure

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service