FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Piezo saddle for tune-o-matic bridge

Does anyone know if its possible to purchase a SINGLE replacement piezo tune-o-matic style saddle from somewhere?  I'm not interested in an…

Started by Mac Walker in Luthier Talk

1 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Hide glue: gram strength how to measure?

Hi all,   Finaly I found a supplier for Hide Glue! But: there is no info at all on it's gram strength and my asking for that info was answe…

Started by Bart van Weperen in Luthier Talk

10 Oct 29, 2010
Reply by Bart van Weperen

Newbie with a ticklish problem on an Epiphone

Hi all,   Just signed up and looking for help - or at least some new ideas. I have an Epiphone PR300 dreadnought, not my favourite guitar,…

Started by Richard Freeman in Luthier Talk

34 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Saddle radius for acoustic guitar -Your approach?

Hi there, I’m a novice when it comes to acoustic guitars and was wondering about how you guys approach setting a radius on a new saddle. D…

Started by John Henderson in Luthier Talk

13 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by John Henderson

Takamine woes

This came into the shop last week, and today I got round to taking a precise look at the problem: A Japanese Takamine 12 string, about 15 y…

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

7 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Guitar Repair Job Opening In Portland, OR

Our busy three person repair shop is looking for an additional repair person. If you are interested in more information, please send me a m…

Started by Todd Mylet in Luthier Talk

3 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

NECK REMOVAL JIG

I need to remove a neck.Im aware of the procedure.Have a neck reset video( stew-mac) and Ive seen Frank Ford on frets.com.This is probably …

Started by Rich Mulcahy in Luthier Talk

2 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by Rich Mulcahy

1931 Kay Kraft archtop end block problem

 The following pictures tell the story. I know that there is some work that can be done to help, and I am just needing some adult supervisi…

Started by Kerry Krishna in Luthier Talk

6 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Kerry Krishna

dot on neck for Fender Statocaster 1963 with a rosewood neck

I have buy a statocaster 1963 with a rosewood fingerboard  and the previous owner have changed the dot on neck for an other dot in gold. Af…

Started by Guy Hachez in Luthier Talk

6 Oct 22, 2010
Reply by Grahame Myers

F-5 Washburn

My Washburn F5 wannabe/ M3 mandolin is in excellent condition but has a taptone more akin to a thud.Is it possible to attack from the outsi…

Started by Tim Mace in Luthier Talk

2 Oct 22, 2010
Reply by Tim Mace

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service