FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kate Desmond

Anybody else getting invitations from Kate Desmond?  She sends emails thru the Frets system.  Says she saw my Frets profile and is very int…

Started by Dan Pennington in Luthier Talk

5 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Steve Davison

Alvarez Neck Set

Greetings fret.netters,   A customer brought me an Alvarez from the seventies wanting a refret.   After looking it over, it's going to need…

Started by Gregory Hites in Luthier Talk

6 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

Guild Starfire Binding Issue

Hi all,  I used to hang out here before I opened my business and figured this was the place for my question.  I haven't done any binding re…

Started by Gregg Sprague in Luthier Talk

4 Nov 17, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

Gibson Re-issue L00 headstock

 

Started by Eric Carswell in Luthier Talk

23 Nov 17, 2010
Reply by Eric Carswell

How to fix a split back?

Started by mark dawson in Luthier Talk

6 Nov 17, 2010
Reply by mark dawson

A Pair of Slingerland Nite Hawk Tenor Banjos

Hi All,     I just completed a restoration of an old Slingerland Nite Hawk tenor banjo for a customer.  Funny thing is, that I have a Nite…

Started by Dave Fox in Luthier Talk

7 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Dave Fox

Road worn Martin D-35!

Hi allBefore I go any further, a few words to Martin guitars here in Germany: they're pretty rare, and 70's Martins are worshiped as Gods.…

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

10 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Grahame Myers

Installing Baggs Radius on flat top round hole mandolin.

I have a Brazilian bandolim, basically a flat top mandolin with a round sound hole. The sound is somewhat unique as they all are but the co…

Started by LARRY KLOSE in Luthier Talk

1 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

Ovation Celebrity CC153 Scale length

Hello,I have a Ovation Celebrity model CC153 and had to fill in the saddle slot with a filler piece of wood and have to recut the slot. For…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux in Luthier Talk

9 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Michael P. Lemieux

Ebony nut

I am about to complete my third guitar build and I am shaping the nut in the final setup.  It has a zero fret (just trying that for a chang…

Started by Mark McLean in Luthier Talk

3 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Dave Fox

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service