FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spruce Top Discoloration Under Finish

I have a classical guitar, hand-built in New York about two years ago--I live in Northern Utah. The finish is good and in tact, however, th…

Started by Jack in Luthier Talk

8 May 6, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Parker Fly has loose frets

Hi all , does anyone know the best glue for the stuck-on frets on a parker fly ? Len

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

9 May 6, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Touching up finish at fret ends....

I've been working on this guitar for the last few days. The fingerboard has shrunk causing the fret ends to stick out. I have no problem dr…

Started by Justin in Luthier Talk

5 May 5, 2010
Reply by Paul Breen

Searching for 100k ohm pots for use with Seymour Duncan actives.

Here's the deal: scored a set of Duncans, the LW-CS1 Set from a guy on eBay. Super deal, brand new, unused. This was over a year ago, and j…

Started by Randall Curtis Bowman in Luthier Talk

7 May 4, 2010
Reply by Randall Curtis Bowman

On another note altogether...

(the only relevance this has to the site is that, while delivering a repaired guitar back to the music store in town, I stopped at the air…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

10 May 4, 2010
Reply by Mike Kolb

Spruce Top Discoloration Under Finish

I have a classical guitar, hand-built in New York about two years ago--I live in Northern Utah. The finish is good and in tact, however, th…

Started by Jack in Luthier Talk

0 May 3, 2010

Why is it done this way?

I'm building my first mandolin from raw wood (w/Siminoff book), after thinking about it for twenty five years and disassembling/reassemblin…

Started by Billy Romp in Luthier Talk

5 May 3, 2010
Reply by FRANK

side thickness sanding

i am having some problem with highly figured woods at the waist bend using a fox bender - it cracks or splits where grain pattern changes c…

Started by Happy Builder in Luthier Talk

8 May 3, 2010
Reply by FRANK

Neck Reglue approach

I have a dilemma. I'm not sure how I want to approach this repair. The patient is a vintage Vega archtop that had a run in with my client's…

Started by East Side Guitar Repair in Luthier Talk

6 May 1, 2010
Reply by FRANK

Gibson A4 mandolin

Dear Sir I recently bought the above mandolin serial no 36418 and the archive took me here.Can you tell me anything about it ? Thanks Barry

Started by Barry Jones in Luthier Talk

1 May 1, 2010
Reply by Frank Ford

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service