FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

1920's L-1 repair.

Gibson L series 037.jpgGibson L series 039.jpgGibson L series 038.jpgGibson L series 040.jpgGibson L series 041.jpgGot an old girl from the…

Started by R.J. Fulton in Luthier Talk

15 Apr 22, 2010
Reply by R.J. Fulton

Fretless Banjo Marker Inlays

I have recently acquired an old 6 string Fretless Banjo (no name). It does however require some renovation to a few of the markers. I under…

Started by Derek Thorpe in Luthier Talk

9 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

easy to dismantle top

i am building a acoustic guitar the neck joint is bolt - on i was wondering if the top or bottom can be fixed in any way other than glue so…

Started by Happy Builder in Luthier Talk

5 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Happy Builder

Fixing caved in top

I have this beautiful old Korean Made Harmony. It is caving in above the sound hole. I showed it to a few luthiers/repair techs and I was s…

Started by Jay Peterson in Luthier Talk

16 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by Jeff Highland

Loose abs binding

I've got an '83 Martin in with loose binding at the waist. It was loose at the lower bout, I used thick viscosity superglue (Special T from…

Started by STGuitarworks in Luthier Talk

5 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by R.J. Fulton

Intonation Out on A String only?

Hello I'm a first time poster to this forum, but have read it and Frank's blog for awhile now. I have a question that seems like it could…

Started by Aaron LaBoon in Luthier Talk

16 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by Jeff Highland

Restoring a guitar to it's original finish

Hi,I came across your site and thought that I can possibly ask you this question.  I have a older Epiphone LesPaul which I purchased from a…

Started by Gino Carosella in Luthier Talk

9 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by William F.Eden

Advice needed for an old double-six

HelloThis is may first post on this forum.I live in Bucharest, Romania.I am just good with tools, not a luthier, not even an amateur one.I…

Started by Eugen C in Luthier Talk

0 Apr 19, 2010

Flattening an old pickguard?

I have an original tortoise pickguard from a '59 or '60 Les Paul Jr. that I'd like to flatten a bit before I reassemble the guitar. Is this…

Started by Randall Curtis Bowman in Luthier Talk

4 Apr 18, 2010
Reply by Ry Charters

Bridge Weight

I am rebuilding a cheap dreadnaught guitar with a composite body and top.  I think the top needs to be lighter to improve tone.  I have to…

Started by Charlie Dunford in Luthier Talk

11 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service