Sort by: View
| Discussions | Replies | Latest Activity |
|---|---|---|
1963 Gibson SG cracked headstockI just took in a beautiful 1963 Gibson SG for repair with a cracked headstock. The headstock is still intact I can't open up the crack to g… Started by Scott Pike in Luthier Talk |
6 |
Mar 13, 2010 Reply by Scott Pike |
1957 J 45 With " Bubbled Top " issuesThe patient,..A 57' J 45..It's been ridden hard and put away wet....The bridge has been replaced with a solid saddle hand made affair that… Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk |
13 |
Mar 13, 2010 Reply by Ned Knepp |
neck tenonwhat is your technique of choice when repairing a neck tenon on an old kay archtop. It chipped on both sides when disassembling. Started by Gerry Garavaglia in Luthier Talk |
12 |
Mar 12, 2010 Reply by Ned Knepp |
Mystery truss rod rattle under the 1st fret!I have a guitar in the shop (a D-18 clone 'made in India' only marking) that has a functional truss rod with a rattle under the 1st fret. T… Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk |
7 |
Mar 12, 2010 Reply by sugeng supriyadi |
Purplish Strain When Ebony Cleaning FretboardI also posted about this on a classical guitar forum but have you guys ever gotten a very dark purple sort of stain on the cloth after clea… Started by Brent Hutto in Luthier Talk |
10 |
Mar 12, 2010 Reply by Rob Mercure |
Univox dread... double courses on D and G. any thoughts?I've got a customer with an old univox dread. He wants to put octave strings on for the d and g. There seems to be enough room for a couple… Started by Randy King in Luthier Talk |
15 |
Mar 11, 2010 Reply by Randy King |
to frank ford... since you dont list an email. not guitar related at all.a while back, i ran my own website. it compiled A LOT of information about a certain topic. my users wanted to be able to search. i found a… Started by Muff in Luthier Talk |
6 |
Mar 11, 2010 Reply by Frank Ford |
Old National Steel needs screw-on jackHi Guys , I have a cool old National lap steel (with a lever to change tunings ). The output is via a screw-on jack (about 5/8 across) with… Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk |
2 |
Mar 10, 2010 Reply by Len Biglin |
Warped flat top topsSome time ago I found an old Japanese Morris, Martin 000-18 copy, at a flea market ($10). Laminated top, but the building quality seems goo… Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk |
0 | Mar 9, 2010 |
GIBSON RE-FINISH QUESTION/opinionsHey folks, I have a Late 40's LG3 or possibly LG2 that had been stripped of its original finish long before I acquired it. I am not sure of… Started by RETROROD in Luthier Talk |
4 |
Mar 7, 2010 Reply by RETROROD |
© 2026 Created by Frank Ford.
Powered by