FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

another Ovation question....

I'm replacing an Ovation top that was smashed. The new cedar top is constructed and I'm just about ready to glue the kerfing to the plastic…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Mike Kolb

serial number/ dates

Is anyone here aware of a web site or list that would have Lyon & Healy serial numbers and production dates?

Started by David Houchens in Luthier Talk

2 Feb 24, 2010
Reply by David Houchens

Line 6 Variax Trem Stability

Hi everyone , a customer bought me his Line 6 which is like a strat , but only has piezo pickups (one under each saddle ) and no other pick…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

7 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Len Biglin

Smaller feedback buster ?

Hi again , I have a customer who has changed from a dread to parlour size guitar , does anyone know of a smaller diameter back-buster to pl…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

0 Feb 23, 2010

Filling dents in a spruce guitar top

I am new to this group so please excuse me if this is a FAQ.   I have a Hohner acoustic guitar with a composite spruce top that was badly t…

Started by Charlie Dunford in Luthier Talk

9 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Jerry Ryan

Nitro lacquer shrink

I've learned a lot this this site from those of you who are experienced in the trade. Pretty proud of the projects I have been able to comp…

Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk

8 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Jerry Ryan

Regluing bridge - how to make the fit?

Dear Forumers, The bridge of my second build (eben bridge on spruce top jumbo OM acoustic) came off the top (with my gentle help), and I'm…

Started by Janne Koskela in Luthier Talk

5 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Opinions of Gibson MK 35 Guitar

Folks,  Very slightly OT but I good friend is considerining the above guitar for around $700, I believe, in more-or-less "showroom" conditi…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 21, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Faint Neck Tick

Hi there! Something came up recently that I was wondering if anyone has ever seen before. I just purchased a new D-28 which is a truly ama…

Started by Tanner Nichols in Luthier Talk

9 Feb 21, 2010
Reply by Tanner Nichols

My sanding station has arrived!

The Luthiers Friend Sanding Station I ordered from SM arrived yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it up until now. I've been playing aroun…

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 21, 2010
Reply by Ron Frazier

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service