FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Saddle size

I have really small fingers and my acous/elec Yamaha APX700 is brand new, got it 2wks ago. The guitar was perfect when I got it, but I gues…

Started by amae in Luthier Talk

5 Feb 12, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Tools for stainless steel fretwire

A guy came in with two guitars, both fretted with gray stainless steel frets (supposed to be the toughest ones). The fretting is not the be…

Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk

9 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Bob Steinarsson

Reverse printing / heat transfer label question - lost link

  I've lost the link on how to do this, does anyone know what the link is?  It involves reverse printing a label on special paper(?), then…

Started by Mac Walker in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Mac Walker

How would i increase break angle on a pinless bridge?

I've read on ramping pin slots on pinned bridges... my UST is suffering a tad of inbalance but the saddle height's low with a great action.…

Started by Hann in Luthier Talk

19 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Three Bolt Strat with loose neck.

Hi everyone , This is an old problem , but I have never tackled it before . The Fender strat has the 3 bolt neck which are known to move ar…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

6 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by Brian Michael

Paste wax?

Howdy.  Just acquired an old Kennedy machinist's toolbox, and I am wondering how you fellas would go about cleaning the metal. My guy at Ac…

Started by Rick Gentry in Luthier Talk

3 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by Stuart Horsman

Sympathetic Vibration in Fender Neck

Hello all. I have a new 60's MIM Telecaster with a rosewood fretboard, and the rod adjustment at the heel. I've tensioned the adjustment ro…

Started by Randall Curtis Bowman in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 7, 2010
Reply by Randall Curtis Bowman

Gluing micarta or black richlite

I'm resetting the neck on a Martin CEO 4R and it has a micarta or black richlite fingerboard. I was wondering if the LMI glue will hold the…

Started by David Houchens in Luthier Talk

8 Feb 6, 2010
Reply by Robert Dixon

Spam alarm!!!!

What is this clown Spider doing spamming the forum with Viagra junk? Has anybody else seen this, or am I seeing things?Best Grahame

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

5 Feb 6, 2010
Reply by Frank Ford

Adjusting lateral neck space

A customer has brought in a Jazzmaster with a Mastery bridge installed. The problem is that the lateral string spacing over the neck is shi…

Started by griff in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service